Wrap meets Pretzel

Friday, March 17, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

The clash of the gigantics! The Mexican tortilla wrap and the German Pretzel, both are pretty much the food ambassadors for their countries and are well known across the world. Both are also loved by kids and adults alike.

Morning Snack: We had wraps for dinner last night and I kept a bit of the filling back for today.
The filling is pretty simple: Ready grilled chicken from the rotisserie, cream cheese, sun dried tomato pesto, green bell peppers. Mix these together and that was it. The rest of the fillings are the usual wrap condiments: Lettuce, tomatoes, grated cheese. With this some sweet and succulent pineapple and a few dried cranberries.

Afternoon Snack: The pretzel - always good for any time of day. I spread a bit of butter on it and cut it half as it was so big, it did not fit in the box. The natural yoghurt has a few chocolate crunchy biscuits in them. I am still trying to get Soeri to get to know (and eat) a few more dried fruit. The last time I put some in his box they came back. I'll keep trying until I come up with another idea like sneaking lettuce in sandwiches and wraps!

Adult variation:
Bigger wrap, more filling and some hot salsa to spice it up! Wraps are great as leftovers and even better to take in lunch boxes. The pineapple is refreshing and the cranberries are sweet after the spicy salsa. Pretzels taste great plain or with butter. Get yourself a nice afternoon coffee and then treat yourself to the cool and crunchy yoghurt. The dried fruit are another great nerve food when you're having a hard day at work.

2 comments:

I just decided to check out your snack box site. Wow, I'm amazed. My son gets the same snack every day with a variation like, "Möchtest du Käse oder Wurst auf dein Brot." Or sometimes a very exciting yoghurt.

Susanne said...
March 19, 2006 at 12:56:00 PM GMT+1  

Hi Susanne,
Thanks for stopping by!
You could always do "Käse oder Würst" (Cheese or Sausage) on bread, try different breads. In the beginning Soeren only ate the normal (mischbrot) but I started varying the the bread types then went on to the fillings. He enjoys food just like I do and likes to take and active role in preparing/cooking/shopping. The teachers at the KIGA always tell me that whenever he is asked "what is in that?" he explains in detail just like a chef at restaurant would ;-)

As for the yoghurt I used to use the "Frucht Zwerg" but eventually it became boring for Soeren. He used to eye up the youghurts in the larger jars at the supermarket. So, I started buying these. Which was a great decision as there is a large variety and you can always add a few fresh fruit too. I recently started with fruit quark too and that was another hit.

Enjoy the website!
Meeta

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 20, 2006 at 7:44:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment