Chocolate yoghurt, tomato mozzarella and plums

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

OK, today I wanted to give Soeren a piece of the Rucola Herb Quiche I made last night. However, he was not too impressed. So, I had to change plans.
Morning Snack: I made this yummy chocolate yoghurt on an impulse. I had a little bit of the cocoa powder left over and did not fancy putting it back in the huge container so I just mixed it in some natural organic yoghurt. See there ... Soeren came running over with a spoon in his hand "Let me taste!" Toasted a toastie (biscuit) and spread this with margarin, a slice of mozzarella and some tomatoes. Thirst quencher is a strawberry flavored Actimel.

Afternoon Snack: I was at the market again yesterday and once again bought those juicy tasting plums, this time a few sunny yellow ones as well. With this a très yummy chocolate chip chinois!

Adult Variation Instead of the toastie, go for a nice brown baguette and sprinkle a nice portion of fresh basel before closing the sandwich. Try out the chocolate yogurt I am sure you'll like it. If not make a chocolate frappe to go. Chinois tastes great with a large café au lait so get yourself one of those, kick off the shoes and take a short break.

2 comments:

Hi Meeta,
I think you have a wonderful blog here. I mean, it's such a great idea! And I must say, you pack the tiffin rather thoughtfully and creatively. I am sure, your son is a lucky boy. I think I should keep visiting this blog, becuase I have a 16-month old daughter and in a couple of years, I, too, will be packing her lunch.

Vaishali said...
March 29, 2006 at 1:37:00 PM GMT+2  

Thankx for the comment Vaishali. Soeren enjoys eating although if you've checked his pics out on The Family Buzz you'll see he is not obese. That was exactly my aim when I started the blog. I know how tedious it can be planning lunch boxes so I thought I'd just record it on the blog and swap ideas with other mums.

Hope to see you back here!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 29, 2006 at 2:23:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment