This is a man's tiffin!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

As I had to be out early this morning, Tom took over Soeri's snack boxes today. I left this entirely to him without giving any instructions whatsoever. I only requested a picture. I got this with the comment "This is a man's tiffin!" ;-)
So, folks here it is .... a man's tiffin!

Morning Snack: Tom made a sandwich with dark rye bread and butter to this he added Leberkaese in the shape of a bear and with extra calcium. Soeren got a portion of Frucht Zwerg, which is yoghurt for kids also fortified with extra calcium. For the morning fruit portion he got some juicy grapes and strawberries.

Afternoon Snack:
The last of my Cranberry Mandarin Loaf, 2 chocolate cookies and a haselnut pudding.

I won't give any comments on this - I'll leave that to you. I am just thankful that I have a caring guy who does his very best.

Adult variation:
How about a bit of a German snack today? After all leberkaese is very German. So, a nice big brown roll with flax seeds and a thick portion of the leberaese. Add a nice helping of sweet mustard to this and you have a hearty snack. Nothing really for those watching the waistline. A few pickled gurkens taste great to this too. I would leave the fruit the way it is and instead of the yoghurt you could try a nice chilled fruit buttermilk. The cake is also good, to this I would take a chilled cafè latte. A nice way to top off the afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment