Pigs in a Blanket, Watermelon and CCWA Muffins

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

I remember when I first moved to Germany 13 years ago, I was anything but a cook. As my mother waved me off at the Doha International Airport she gave me a little present. A cookbook with mostly english recipes. One of the recipes I found cool was "pigs in a blanket". Basically, a sausage wrapped in pastry dough. I believe I have come a long way since then and my mother is extremely surprised and proud that I can cook so well. She loves this blog! So, Mum today's tiffin is dedicated to you!
Morning Snack: I took a normal turkey wiener and wrapped it in some puff pastry I had left over. Before that I spread the puff pastry with a nice helping of cream cheese. A few slices of orange crunchy bell peppers and a all fruit organic bar. I made some apple mouse again and used a few ingredients leftover from baking as toppings - walnuts and coconut flakes.

Afternoon Snack: Ummmmmm! Juicy watermelon! I cut a slice in little wedges. Watermelon really gives that summer feeling doesn't it? Yesterday, I baked these CCWA Muffins and of course Soeri gets one of these in his snack box. I urge everyone to try this muffin recipe. There is nothing like it and every mother will definitely have a good conscious giving these to their children!

Adult Variation I think these are wonderful snack boxes and I would not change anything .... well maybe two muffins instead of one ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment