Tuna Spread & Strawberries

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Todays snack boxes contains some of my favorite snacks.
Morning Snack:
I made my mums famous Tuna spread but instead of the mayonaise I used something a little lighter and friendlier to the waistline - low fat Quark. Ricotta or cottage cheese are good alternatives if you can't find quark.
Chop up some spring onions, and a red bell pepper. Add a can of corn and some grated carrots, tuna (preferably natural instead of in oil) and a squirt of good olive oil. Stir in the quark. I used this spread on the great Bernd the bread and put some crunchy lettuce leaves in between. This way I have been sneaking a few leafy salad stuff into Soeri's sandwiches. He seems to make a huge detour around anything leafy or salad like.
I mixed a teaspoon grape sugar (dextrose) into the natural yoghurt and added some fresh strawberries. I love this little healthy snack. The dextrose gives an added boost of energy. A few crunchy carrots and a little carnival milk chocolate as a treat topped his morning snack off.

Afternoon Snack:
Another one of my favorites, a Nussecke (a little nut cake) in chocolate and a few organic grapes and those yummy dried cranberries.

These were such scrumptious snack boxes today and I am looking forward to Soeri's verdict!

1 comments:

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for the motivatiting words. I just started this blog and was beginning to wonder if anyone out there was even reading this. But thanks to you I know there is at least one ;-). Hope you spread the word and if you have any suggestions let me know!

Take care
Meeta

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 2, 2006 at 9:08:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment