Plums and Almond Vanilla Cake

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Only one snack box today - the afternoon box! I had to take Soeri to the Doc's today so he would be missing the morning snack at the KIGA.

I bought delicious organic plums. They were ripe, juicy and so sweet and so Soeren got one of these with a few organic seedless grapes. We also made this great cake together. This is the easiest recipe: I bought the biscuit base at the bakery and whipped up some vanilla pudding. Spread this on top of the base. We roasted some almond slices and sprinkled these over the pudding. Soeri's fave part: Melting the chocolate and pouring it over the cake (and tasting it several times to see if it was "cooked" well). I put the fruity bar in between to fill the space and stop the smaller containers from sliding in the larger one (I am worried that the cake might not survive the journey in Soeren's backpack).

Adult variation:
I have only one small modification to this box: Cut yourself a larger piece of the cake ;-) and enjoy it!

2 comments:

Is it a coincidence that this cake sounds like a Bienenstich?

Anonymous said...
March 16, 2006 at 1:21:00 PM GMT+1  

Hi Anonymous,

It was not my intention to make it like a Bienenstich. Isn't that made with melting butter, sugar together adding the almonds, then pouring this mixture over the cake and finally baking in the oven? Is there a filling in a Bienenstich? I thought it is just the cake base and then the topping.
Here I did no baking at all. I bought the base at the bakery and just mixed vanilla pudding together. For the topping I only roasted plain almonds with no butter or sugar and sprinled them on the top of the pudding. Then adding the melted choc.

I will look for a recipe for a Bienenstich though, or maybe you could share yours.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 16, 2006 at 1:52:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment