Pasta, Spinach Salad & Papaya

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

How to get kids to eat spinach? Well I don't have that much of trouble with Soeri as he loves spinach. However not all kids are like that, so try out this great Pasta Salad I made last night.

Morning Snack: The pasta salad won a few plus points last night so Soeri got a small portion for his snack box today. With that I made a cheese sandwich with fantastic butter cheese and sunflower seeds. To top the snack off I put in a mandarin and a little chocolate treat - Milka Naps Strawberry. I am not too sure if the morning snack box is too full, so I am expecting part of the sandwich to come back.

Afternoon Snack: Both Soeri and me love Papaya. Unfortunately the papaya we get here are nothing to the great Indian papayas my mum gets in Dubai. They were so delicious and huge one could eat off one papaya for a week. Here in Germany the papayas come mostly from Ecuador and are rather small. It's hard to believe that the container here contains one whole papaya! Accompanying this is a raisin muffin and a few butter cookies in the shape of animals.

5 comments:

Hi there! Actually I was inspired by the Vegan Lunch box to start this blog. Also the fact that all the mums at Soeren's Kindergarten kept asking me what I was putting in his snack boxes. Although I find the ideas from the Vegan lunch box great, not everyone is vegan, so I thought I would get a blog for those of us who eat everything.
Spread the word around!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 8, 2006 at 2:05:00 PM GMT+1  

I'm reading too, Meeta! I bring my lunch to work every day and as you say, the vegan lunchbox is inspiring, but omni ideas are very welcome too. Thank you!

Suelily said...
March 8, 2006 at 5:20:00 PM GMT+1  

Hi Suelily,
Welcome and I am glad you are part of my blog. Actually I did not realise that one could do the daily tiffin for work too, but now that I do know that there is someone out there at work I will think about a few more "adult" meals too!

Keep reading!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 8, 2006 at 6:40:00 PM GMT+1  

This is a nice blog.. and wow you too have awesome ideas for the lunch boxes.

Just want to let you know that the word 'snack' is a bit jumbled on your site heading!

Keep up the nice work!

Anonymous said...
March 9, 2006 at 2:12:00 AM GMT+1  

>>i try hard to pack some yummy lunches and this is very inspiring.. you should definitely look at some adult meals!

It is not always easy to come up with interesting ideas for a 3 year old. I have been trying to raise Soeren to eat everything, but healthy. By this I mean we buy a lot of organic foods and try to make things from fresh products, vegetable, fruit, which I buy from our daily local market (EUROPE I love you!). I integrate him where I can in cooking, shopping for food stuff so he grows up knowing what to look out for. Sure he loves candy and would probably stuf his face if he got a chance. I work with this a bit differently. I do not mind candy but only every now and then.
As for the adult meals I am thinking of ideas to integrate this into Soeren's "daily tiffin". Maybe mention alternates: instead of things like animal cookies a nice piece of carrot cake.

>>Just want to let you know that the word 'snack' is a bit jumbled on your site heading!

Thanks Ashley for that one ;-)

Look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
March 9, 2006 at 8:07:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment