Veggie Patties & Nutella Banana Wraps

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

These vegetable patties I made last night are so versatile, they can be eaten just about any way you like.

Morning Snack: I used this to fill a pitta bread. Spread some herb quark, sliced a few ripe tomatoes and filled the pitta with the patties and tomatoes. The patties are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside and the added sunflower seeds gives it a nice crunch. For the fruit I chose some of the nice juicy organic plums, we all here can't get enough of. A little morning treat is the hanuta chocolate waffle.

Afternoon Snack: I had two tortillas leftover that were using up unnecessary space in my refrigerator so I decided to make a sweet wrap. "Nutella and Banana on a tortilla, mum?" was the comment I got from Soeri as he saw me take his all beloved Nutella jar out of the kitchen cupboard. "Yeah, a new treat ... try it?" Of course he opened his mouth so wide. Well it really did taste great and so we treated ourselves to the second leftover tortilla (I mean it would be senseless leaving ONE tortilla all alone in the refrigerator)! A few dried cranberries and a vanilla yoghurt tops off the snack box.

Adult Variation: The vegetable patty pitta is really great and as they can be eaten hot or cold they can be taken in the lunch boxes. If you can't find the quark you can replace with either cottage cheese or just cream cheese. Besides the tomatoes, you can add lettuce and a few cucumber slices. Plums are nice and refreshing but you can also use peaches. The wraps are great with a large cup of café au lait. You can spoon the yoghurt in between mouthfuls of yummy Nutella wrap!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment