A closer look!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Well we are back in Germany! We had a great time in the US, enjoying spending time with the family.

As both Soeri and me are suffering from jet lag we have decided to take it easy. Today we just chilled at home. It was a cold and rainy day anyway here and just the right type of weather to stay indoors in our pajamas!

I did want to get a closer look at the Laptop Lunchbox we got from Cali. So, I thought I would share this with you too. This is what it looks like. A larger box holding smaller containers and even a place for cutlery! Looks great and well organized. For those who don't know, this is great and environment friendly way to pack lunches from Obentec and I had my eyes on it for a while.

After looking at it a little closer I had a few thoughts. Maybe there are already a few laptop lunchbox users out there who could kindly give me their advice.
There is only one box that has a airtight cover. This, I take it, would be for more liquidy type of things like yoghurt. Does it really cover such things without leakage? What about the others, I have often seen the other "open" containers contain juicy fruit like melon, pineapple etc., do they not leak out?

Another point that struck me was that I normally pack two snacks for Soeri, the morning one and the afternoon one. I have not yet decided of how to do this. I have two options at present.
1. I try and get both snacks into one box. Which might make it tight as I often have things like pancakes or a brioche etc. also in the afternoon that requires proper space.
2. I pack the afternoon snack in a separate box. One of my previous ones. This way I am free to pack as I please, however, it also means more to carry for Soeri as the Laptop Lunchbox is bulkier than my other one.

I will be trying out this and that the coming week, so I hope you bear with me. I would not mind any feedback or suggestions if you have any good ideas.

Here's to great snack in your lunchboxes

2 comments:

Here is a link to a really delicious lunchbox blog. http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

vegan but really good.

Raji said...
June 6, 2006 at 5:37:00 PM GMT+2  

hi
meeta
welcome
i have been waiting eagerly for your daily blog and to see what soeren carries for lunch.
hope you had a lovely vacation and will share with us great new tiffin ideas
i have lots of questions for you...
but i feel you should get time to settle down before i ask you anything tell me when you are ready
bye
mahek

Mahek said...
June 6, 2006 at 9:00:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment