Field Trip day

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


Today it's Soeren's first field trip ever with the KIGA. So, you can imagine the excitement today! We were told today to pack something simple that they can pick up in their hands and enjoy.

I had made a great zucchini fennel fritatta and a strawberry almond muffin called "Strawberry Kisses" (Recipes here soon). So he got to take some along with him. He also got a simple rye bread with spread with herby cream cheese a couple of cherry tomatoes and a container full of green apples. I packed a nice little picnic napkin and the cutlery that comes along with the laptop lunchbox too. He also got a bottle of chilled homemade fruity ice tea.

I am so keen to hear what happened today. Will update you folks too.

There will be no lunchbox for the next few days as Soeri is going into the clinic tomorrow. Cross your fingers for him please!

Adult Variation
: the idea with a picnic was great so I thought I would suggest this to you for your lunch break. If you can take a small picnic blanket and spend your lunch break in a park or somewhere green. Make yourself a huge portion of this fritatta and just lay back and relax.

7 comments:

A picnic is perfect for the longest day of the year! And I'll be thinking of Soeri - I'm glad he didn't have to miss his field trip!

Suelily said...
June 21, 2006 at 1:51:00 PM GMT+2  

good luck to the little one tomorrow! i will keep him in my thoughts.

lunch looks great! and the fruity iced tea sounds wonderful! i hate normal iced tea, but when it's fruity, mmmm.

have a great day!

Anonymous said...
June 21, 2006 at 4:29:00 PM GMT+2  

The lunch looks beautiful, as always! I'm sure little Soeri loved it. Good luck to him tomorrow.

Anonymous said...
June 22, 2006 at 12:53:00 AM GMT+2  

Good luck to him!

Alexandra said...
June 22, 2006 at 4:38:00 AM GMT+2  

I logged in to see how the lil one was doing...
Hope the surgery went off fine and Soeren is well on his path to recovery.
Mithya

Anonymous said...
June 22, 2006 at 8:01:00 PM GMT+2  

Meeta, I've lurked on your blog but never posted. I wanted to wish Soeren all the best with his surgery, and lots of strength to you and your husband, too.

And thank you for your efforts with this blog because without it I would have never progressed beyond PBJ sandwiches and a fruit or a healthy bar.

Anonymous said...
June 22, 2006 at 9:21:00 PM GMT+2  

Ladies,

You are all so kind and thank you for your support. Everything went smoothly and Soeren is happy and healthy as if nothing ever happened.

I do so appreciate all your wonderful thoughts and prayers for him and it touches me deeply to know that there are wonderful people out there rooting for us.

Big hugs!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
June 22, 2006 at 9:40:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment