Back with a bang!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


It's been a while! Just about 4 weeks if I am not mistaken, but it really does feel good to be back to the regular routine again.

The vacation was great. It was fantastic seeing the entire family again and of course it did them good to see Soeren.

Soeren mastered the journey to the States extremely well and also our travels within the USA. We were in St. Louis, San Francisco and Detroit, crossed 4 time zones and covered plenty of miles. Sometimes a little tedious but mostly plain old fun!

I hope you folks are still around and I have not lost you while I was gone. You will certainly notice our new lunchbox. The Laptop Lunchbox which we are rather proud of in theory. Let's see how it works in practice.

Today we filled it with a soft pita bread packed with lettuce, cream cheese and cucumbers. Along with this a German speciality Leberkaese fortified with calcium. Juicy, sweet and ripe cherries as the fruity pick of the day and some raisins as the treat of the day. The raisin slice is spread with butter and the yoghurt has a few chunks of peaches.

Adult Variation: Try filling the pita with this speciality I brought back from my vacation. It is succulent and certainly will be a great pita filler. Add a few nuts to the raisins and you have a nice snack for in between. The rest looks great the way it is.

Nice to be back ;-)

5 comments:

Meeta:

The laptop lunch box looks good. Does Soren talk about what he eats for morning/afternoon snack at all?

Luv2cook said...
June 12, 2006 at 3:51:00 PM GMT+2  

While this lunch box looks great, it seems like your two cute little boxes worked better for you! Just my opinion, of course!
Keep up the good work :-)

Anonymous said...
June 12, 2006 at 10:25:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi Luv,
Yes he does. Actually on most days he helps prepare the lunch box. I ask him what he fancies and if I can whip it up he is a happy chap. In the evening his Daddy then asks him what he ate and he quite proudly explains what he ate over the whole day. And it is not a small amount this boy thakes to him!

Maheeka,
It is like everything else. New things take getting used to. Although it was easier to pack two lunch boxes I am finding using the laptop lunchbox quite interesting, challenging and fun. Soeri also mentioned he liked the idea of having everything in one box so he is able to see at one glance what he wants to eat in the morning and what he would like to save for the afternoon. I asked his teacher yesterday how he and herself were getting along with the new concept. She was very pleased with the laptop lunchbox. Said it was easier to handle then shifting the leftovers from the morning to another box for the afternoon. Furthermore, just as I had mentioned in my earlier post, she said it gives Soeren the opportunity to choose and decide for himself, which is a very important part of growing up.

What I am looking for though is a smaller container with a cover on it that will fit in the lunchbox.. That is what I miss the most. To be able to pack two runny, fluidy things in the lunch box. I would order one from the website but for just one little container it is not worth the while.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
June 13, 2006 at 10:29:00 AM GMT+2  

St Louis??? Boo hoo! I missed you!

Alanna Kellogg said...
June 14, 2006 at 4:13:00 AM GMT+2  

Alanna!!! You in St. Louis? No way! I thought you said you only had family there! Boy if I had know I would have loved to meet up with you. Now, that is REALLY one thing I REGRET!
Hope we get another chance sometime. Maybe when you make a trip to Europa!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
June 14, 2006 at 9:05:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment