Peaches & Pears

Friday, June 16, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


Just like to say thanks to all those fantastic people who sent me such kind mails and comments for Soeri yesterday. I was really touched. You all are just great!

Yesterday, Tom and I had a discussion about getting Soeren signed up for some proper sport. At present he goes to a kiddie sport group at the gym with me. But I want him to join up with a proper sport club and a team. I personally think Soeri would enjoy soccer. It is a boys sport and he desperately needs to get out there and rough and tough it out with other boys. Furthermore, learning about team spirit is a great advantage. We have some great soccer clubs in our area and I called one or two yesterday. Tom, on the other hand thinks light athletic sport is better for him at this age. The sport that we did at the gym was a kind of tamed down version of this and he is loosing the interest in doing things as a single person. Now, just for the record, it is not what we want but it is what we noticed Soeren has a certain bit of interest. He loves soccer and is always playing with the kids in the KIGA. At home he wants to go out to the playground and see if the older boys will play with him.

Do you understand what I mean? He seems to really enjoy being with a group and pulling his part in the team. He looks like he would be a good leader as he seems to take the initiative. He gets people to follow his lead but can also go along with others too. I notice that when he is left to do things for himself alone he gets bored very easily and starts to day dream!

Anyway, both of us have not made the final decision as yet. I will check out the soccer clubs and he wants to check out the athletic clubs. We'll talk with the trainers and see where Soeri feels comfortable. At least he is able to take part in a few test training sessions.

What are your opinions on this? I would love to hear your ideas, thoughts and comments.

The lunch box is peachy today. A container full of fresh organic peaces and some peach and apricot fruit mousse covers the vitamins for the day. Another one of those great rolls with pumpkin seeds spread with Kiri cream cheese and filled with herby meatballs goes into the box. With this a nice little Bonbel cheese chunk. The chocolate cake in the back there has some wonderful Canadian pears as a topping. Something I really wanted to eat myself! But schucks! What a mother does not do for her kid! Today's treat is an organic almond bar.

Adult Variation:
I like the idea of the lunch box today. Even the meatball sandwich is great. You can add the fruit mousse to a bit of yoghurt if you like but as it is so hot a the moment I find plain fruit mousse makes a great dessert.
Have a great lunch and ... a great weekend. See you on Monday!

2 comments:

I enrolled my kids in soccer for several reasons. I wanted them to understand what a team sport is all about. They had a lot of problems understanding this. It also teaches them about sharing and caring. I was surprised to see that my boys would get upset when their team mate got injured because I had never seen this side of theirs. From what you have written about Soeren I think soccer should be a good choice.

Krithika said...
June 16, 2006 at 3:40:00 PM GMT+2  

i think he should play HOCKEY! some great hockey players also played soccer and i think it helps them on the ice.

i was busy yesterday and didn't have time to comment, but good luck to little soeren next week with the ear thing. he's a trooper; it'll be over before you know it!

love how fruity today's lunch is!


-jessica

Anonymous said...
June 16, 2006 at 3:50:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment