Chicken, cheese, broccoli and cake

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

One thing that I really missed in the USA and was looking forward to coming back to was all our fantastic types of bread.

Now that both Soeri and me are running on somewhat normal routine I went out and lavished us with bread. Our baker also was happy to us and said he was in the middle of conjuring a new type of bread ..... ssshhhh! It was a secret. I wonder how many of his customers are in on this exclusive secret ;-)

Anyway, we bought our favorite fresh bread called "Bernd" and it is crammed with lovely flax, sunflower and sesame seeds, tastes light and delicious. With that I spread Soeri's favorite "Kiri" cream cheese. A small piece of chicken filet coated with bread crumbs and a few cherry tomatoes accompanies that. Soeri is on a broccoli trip at the moment. Over the weekend I had made a broccoli gratin and he just wanted to take a few broccoli sprouts today. So I steamed a few for just a few minutes. I have never seen a kid smiling when they get broccoli dished up ... you?
The baker was so happy to see Soeren that he got to pick out anything he wanted from his assortment of cakes. Soeren went for a mini marble loaf, which I cut half of in slices. They looked so cute and I think I will have to get myself one of these mini loaf forms.
Two types of fruit to pick from today: Sweet and succulent melon and ripe and juicy grapes.

How am I doing with the new lunchbox so far?

Adult Variation:
For lunch yesterday I made myself a fantastic sandwich. I had a few of the roasted peppers I used for this and decided to use some of it up. I spread some cream cheese on the bread and added a few slices of turkey breast and a couple of the roasted peppers. It was simple and delicious. So, I would suggest trying this out. You can substitute the turkey with the chicken filet if you want and add a slight shot of chili sauce. Broccoli is a great side and you can always take along your favorite dip. The rest is perfect. Enjoy your lunch!

3 comments:

Meeta -
I wanted to post and let you know how excited I am to have found your blog! I have been a fan of The Vegan Lunchbox and am glad to see that you're following in her footsteps. I'm also especially interested in your blog because I'm 3/4 German and love the the German twist you put on your lunches. Makes me want to go back and visit a Bakerei! Lastly, I'm married to an Indian guy so it's interesting to me to see you combine all of those cultures, too. Good luck!

Anonymous said...
June 13, 2006 at 4:20:00 PM GMT+2  

hey you're doing great with the new lunchbox! i missed you guys when you were here in the states. glad you're back.


-jessica

Anonymous said...
June 13, 2006 at 6:55:00 PM GMT+2  

Hey Hippy,
Welcome to my blog! Glad you liked it. I really enjoyed reading your comments. YAAAH! Finally a German! I love twisting everything together and yes I love the german/indian mixture ... look at Tom, Soeri and me! You will agree this is a great mixture!

Jessica,
That is sooo nice! I am happy to be back. And as each day goes by I think I am becoming more creative! Viva the laptop!!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
June 14, 2006 at 9:03:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment