Vegie Melt

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


OOOHHH! Today's picture is somewhat blurry ... I do apologize for that. I was in a bit of a hurry today and guess forgot to focus properly! :-( Sorry about that!

Soeri and me were at the clinic yesterday. As some of you might remember he has been having trouble with a constant stuffed nose, snores a little while sleeping and on many occasions breathes out of his mouth when he needs extra air. This has been causing Soeren many bouts of little infections around the nose/ear/throat area. The doctor has been trying to treat this without surgery for the past 4 months. Yesterday she said that it would be best if we removed the adenoid as they were pretty large and the reason Soeren was getting all these little infects. Furthermore, fluid has been gathered behind his ear drum which causes him to hear sort of bluntly. The doc described it yesterday "He hears as if it were under-water!" Which to me was well described. So, he will be getting tiny slits in his ear drums to allow the fluid to flow out.

All this sounds so dramatic, but it is for the best. We have been having trouble with the hearing bit as it was a little tedious when Soeren was in a crowd and there were other sounds from around him, we really needed to shout for him to pick out our voices in the crowd.

Well he will be operated next week on the 22nd. In early morning and out afternoon! Folks, cross your fingers for him!

The lunchbox today is really scrumptious! I made a vegie melt to die for. Even Soeri's mouth watered and he wanted to get to KIGA so fast this morning to tuck into it. I just sauteed a few finely chopped vegetables and added this to two slices of toast bread that were spread with butter and covered with cheese slices (on both toasts to keep the vegetables nicely sealed) and then roasted the sandwich in a pan until golden. With this he gets some crunchy carrots and some yoghurt dressing to dip. Fruity, juicy, organic and lovely German strawberries in the fruit corner. In the yellow container we have a nice flaky chocolate croissant and the treat of the day are some nice fig shortcakes.

Adult Variation: The Vegie melt is so delicious, I have to recommend this to you. Just make sure you make a larger melt. You will regret it if you don't. A light mixed salad with the dressing goes great. Otherwise everything else is perfect. Enjoy your lunch today ;-)

5 comments:

Good luck with Soeri's operation. I know how it feels when your little ones are not doing well.

Krithika said...
June 15, 2006 at 3:52:00 PM GMT+2  

Sounds like alot going on. Will be thinking of you guys next week. Give Soeren a hug from us. More in an e-mail later (w/ pics - nice shot of Soeren with your brother) :)

Anonymous said...
June 15, 2006 at 5:40:00 PM GMT+2  

Ohhh thats sad.
I pray that all goes well for Soeren.

- a regular

Anonymous said...
June 15, 2006 at 7:55:00 PM GMT+2  

My son has had bouts of ear infections but luckily he grew out of them. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that my daughter will have to have tubes placed as well.

Friends told me it's like night and day difference. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Mint Chutney said...
June 16, 2006 at 3:11:00 AM GMT+2  

Thank you all for your comments. I am sure things will go well and as MC says a night and day difference means a big plus for Soeren.

Payal, I am looking forward to those pics I will be sending you a link for Flickr where you can check out my pics I still need to upload the rest of them. I will be marking you as family/Friend so you can view them due to their "Private" status on Flickr!

You all are just tooo good!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
June 16, 2006 at 7:41:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment