Skewers!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


It's amazingly warm here at the moment and both Soeri and me are really enjoying the sunny weather. After the KIGA yesterday we met up with some friends (his buddies and my girlfriends) and decided to to for ice cream. Unfortunately I did not have my camera but it was fantastic seeing three little people stand tall in front of the huge selection of ice creams. All talking at once:

"I want the Nutella one!"
"No, I want Mango!"
"Look that's soooo green ... is that Kiwi ice cream?"
"Kiwi ... no way you can't make ice cream out of kiwis!"

As you can imagine they were the entertainment of the whole Gelateria!

Today we decided to pep up the lunchbix. It is either the great weather or the lunchbox but I am feeling very creative at the moment! Soeri and me enjoyed putting this one together. I cut up the fruit and Soeri (tried) to put them on little toothpicks. Looks neat eh?

On the savory skewers we put each half of a meatball, cherry tomato, Babybell cheese and a chunk of a hot dog. The fruity skewer has strawberries, yellow kiwi (can we make ice cream from yellow kiwis?) and grapes.
This gorgeous pumpkin seed roll is spread with cream cheese and cucumber slices. The raspberry yoghurt has a few granola and oats to sprinkle on the top. Today's treat: Minty and chocolate Oreos from our US vacation!

Adult Variation:
I liked the skewer idea so try out something more spicy. Like hot tandoori chicken. You can add some roasted bell peppers and small onions. Maybe a portion of this lovely couscous would go along with it. I know Soeren wanted to take some with him too. I was a little reluctant due to the garlicky taste so early in the morning!
Hope you like putting this one together just as much as we did!

2 comments:

nutella ice cream?!?! I'D BE IN HEAVEN!

everything looks so good today, especially that pumpkin roll. yum.

by the way, i absolutely love soeren's name. i was wondering how you pronounce soeri? sore-ee? no matter, it's a beautiful name for a beautiful little boy!

-jessica

Anonymous said...
June 14, 2006 at 7:39:00 PM GMT+2  

Jessica, you and me both!! I think the next time we go to the gelateria I should take my camera to take a picture of this place. There are so many differnt sorts of ice cream, you kind of stand in forn of it and think .... how much can my cone carry!!

Soeri would be pronounced the way you spelt it ... normally the "oe" in Scandinavian is pronounced "oue". Soeren is a Danish name and we just nicknamed him Soeri.

I told him that someone said they found his name nice and said you were beautiful you know what he said "Was it a girl?". That with a cheeky grin on his face. Can you believe that?

Meeta K. Wolff said...
June 15, 2006 at 8:37:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment