I say old boy, this appears to be a charming tiffin!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Charming indeed! Reminds one of afternoon tea at The Orangery Tea House in .... and sets the mood for our trip to .....!
I think the tiffin today is a huge hint. No idea what I am talking about. See this).

The last post for this week as we head off on our Easter break. We'll be back next week and until then Soeri and I wish you a very Happy Easter!

Morning Snack: A soft rye sunflower toast with the edges cut off (naturally) spread with herb cream cheese and thin slices of fresh cucumbers. A few crunchy orange bell peppers to accompany the sandwiches and a Easter egg - hard boiled of course. The fruit for today are juicy white grapes and a few apple chunks. Of course I included a little Easter treat.

Afternoon Snack: The delish Chunky Chocolate Chip Scone was a must again today and he wanted to take the last piece. A few slices of canned juicy mandarin slices. Not in syrup but in own juice and so fantastically refreshing. Yes, another Easter treat!

Adult Variation: Cucumber sandwiches taste really great. They are light and one can eat more than just one ;-). So try this out. The egg is also lovely with it. One bit of the sandwich one of the egg ... ummm! Try this out for dessert. Keep the grapes and apples and just pour some custard over the top. Leave to cool overnight and by lunch you will have a superb fresh fruit and custard dessert.
The scones are a must. As I said yesterday enjoy these with some cream, clotted cream and a cuppa!

Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Wonderful site. :)

-From the States

Anonymous said...
April 16, 2006 at 11:01:00 AM GMT+2  

Thank you so much, Alice! Hope to see you again!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
April 17, 2006 at 7:07:00 PM GMT+2  

Hey Meeta:

What do you do so the apple slices don't turn black? I have heard of people telling me to sprinkle some citrus on it but somehow that doesn't appeal to me. I want to eat an apple not an apple sprinkled with lemon juice.

So lemme know!

Luv2cook said...
April 19, 2006 at 3:47:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi Luv ;-)

I do either of two things depending on the type of apples I buy.
I squeeze some fresh orange juice and mix the apples in this. I find that the orange juice somehow has a neutral taste than lemon. It works fine.

Or I wrap the apples very tightly in cling film. I discovered that this helps the brown to stay away.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
April 19, 2006 at 4:10:00 PM GMT+2  

Cool..thanks for the tip..I think I will try the plastic wrap thing coz I do the same with guacamole, just put some plastic wrap on top of the bowl which slows the darkening process.

Luv2cook said...
April 19, 2006 at 8:08:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment