Ham, Egg, Cheese & Rice crackers

Monday, April 03, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

A favorite sandwich at our place is definitely the ole' ham, egg and cheese trio. Something about the combination of all three that really makes it a filler for all types of breads.

Morning Snack: So, as I did not want my boiled egg for breakfast yesterday I had it leftover today. I chopped it up added a teaspoon of Miracle Whip Balance (mayo), a few herbs and used this as a sandwich spread. I put a thin slice of ham and a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of a nice fresh rye bread. The red bell peppers are the juiciest and sweetest and they are great to crunch on, on the side. That melon you see there .... ummmm! It is so juicy and as it came fresh from the refrigerator was nice and chilled.

Afternoon Snack: On Saturday we went for a little hiking trip nearby the place we live. I bought a few of these rice crackers to munch on as a little snack. Soeri and his little girlfriend took a liking to these straight away, so I decided to pack two in his snack box today. I love eating them with the dried cranberries as there is something about the combination that tastes great. I also gave him a small chocolate chip mini cake and a cool forest berry yoghurt.

Adult Variation: The filling would go really well in a French crispy baguette. So, you could try that out. Instead of the mozzarella you could try a stronger cheese like gruyere or maybe even a camembert. I would suggest taking a bell pepper salad along with this. It is easy to make. Cut up the peppers in slices. Add some slices red onion and a handful of sweet corn. Sprinkle with extra-virgin olive oil and some white balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste and a few nice basel leaves to top it off. It makes a great side dish to the baguette. The melon is a must and instead of just one mini cake you can always take two! I also recommend the rice cracker/cranberry combination - great to snack on and not all that fattening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment