Simple Things

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


It's true, the best things in life are sometime so simple. Take for example our dessert yesterday.
I had ordered an ice cream maker and it arrived last week. I was always under the impression the ice cream making is a lot of work. I was so wrong. Soeren and me whipped up a strawberry yoghurt ice cream that could not have tasted better. Simple, natural yoghurt, pureed strawberries and a tiny bit of sugar and the ice cream maker does the rest. Amazing! Today we are going to give raspberries a try.

Today's is also pretty simple and something that Soeri wished for. On our favorite bread we spread a bit of butter and some Leberwurst. Lovely peaches from Italy. You can really taste the sun in these. The rest of the strawberries with our homemade flavored vanilla yoghurt with a few granola bits.
Simple!

Adult Variation: Keeping it also simple for you folks I can suggest a few things. If you are a fan of such things a fresh goose liver pate or a chicken liver pate is also great. I f you don't like these kind of things then I would suggest a few grilled aubergines and zucchini on the bread with a nice helping of hummus. Simple but delish.
Mid-week and I hope you enjoy the day today.
If you have not already noticed, thought I'd mention my postcard game on my other blog. Join me and a few other bloggers send postcards around the world.

3 comments:

Hey Meeta,
I regularly read your daily tiffin and try to pack a nice lunch for my daughter too..few ideas from you...
I just had a question where did you buy those cute tiffin boxes? any idea, I live in the U.S.
Thanks and keep up the nice job.
Isha

Anonymous said...
July 19, 2006 at 7:32:00 PM GMT+2  

Hello Isha,

Nice to hear from you! The lunchbox is from Obentec and they are called Laptop Lunchboxes. I will put up a link on my sidebar for you to get to their website. Being in the US it's easy you can either look for a retailer near you or just order them. I brought mine from the US when I was there on vacation this May.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
July 20, 2006 at 7:37:00 AM GMT+2  

Great Meeta, thanks for replying, I will let you know once I find them!!
Isha

Anonymous said...
July 20, 2006 at 6:44:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment