Raspberry Pastry, Blueberries and Oranges

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


Watching CSI Miami! I love all the CSI series. What about you? Which is your fave? Miami, NY or Las Vegas! We get CSI NY on Mondays, Tuesdays it's Miami and on Wednesdays it's off to help the CSI in Las Vegas. I always wonder that after all the stuff that they reveal on these shows .. would the real criminals get smarter. Makes you feel bit funny.

Today I organized all the little give aways and prizes for Soeren's birthday party. If any of you want to share any fun games for a 4 year old birthday party would love a few new ideas ...

Todays, is a real fun one. A raspberry jam pastry, crispy, and scrumptious. Blueberries look so brilliant against the juicy orange slices. Then we have red bell peppers and cucumbers on the side and cucumbers in a wonderful multigrain and multi seed bread spread with cream cheese and a lovely turkey breast with herbs.

Adult Variation:Love it the way it is. No change today so enjoy every bite!

3 comments:

what is the cheez it thing? over here, cheese its are little square cheesy crackers. are these similar?

i have to commend you for the abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables that go into soeren's lunch box! get them to eat healthy when they are young and they will probably stay that way!

i used to watch csi a lot. the miami one i think. but they got way too many versions so i stopped watching it.

hope you're having a good day!


jessica

Anonymous said...
August 23, 2006 at 1:04:00 AM GMT+2  

hi Jessica,

The Cheez it is just a chunk of cheese. Soeren nibbles on this all the time and anytime. As he is not much of a milk drinker this is one of the ways I give him the extra portion of calcium to his diet.

My mum was like that with me. She made sure we ate plenty of fruit, so I am trying to pass what I learnt onto my son. Soeren has always loved fruit and really prefers a fruity type dessert to a pudding. Of course the influence of the outside world is always there and just like any kid wants chocs and sweets. My way is quite easy. I never forbid anything. I just try and regulate. I mean instead of saying "No chocolates" he does get some every now and then (as you notice in the lunchboxes). My theory is, if it is no big deal then the huge interest for sweets is not there. I think this method is working because the last time we were at a birthday party when all the kids went mad with the sweets that were handed out and started munching them away. Soeren handed me the bag and carried on playing. I then portioned the sweets over the entire week.

Hope you have a great day too Jessica!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
August 23, 2006 at 10:42:00 AM GMT+2  

hi
meeta
i feel like eating that jam pastry
tell me one thing do you get turkey breast frozen or do you have to buy the whole thing and then slice the breast and treat with herbs.

Mahek said...
August 23, 2006 at 2:30:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment