Double Papaya Portion

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


Why is it that when your kid has an accident that your own heart sinks into your feet? When I picked Soeren up today from KIGA everything was just fine. I was chatting with another mummy and Soeren was plying around with his buddy Justin. Suddenly I see Soeren falling down and he grabbed his mouth/nose and he started to cry. Now I have to let you know, Soeren is one tough kid and nothing whacks him down so easily that would make him cry like. So, when I saw Soeren go down and his face go red and he started whaling I knew it was bad.

Well once I got to him I saw a lot of blood. To make a long story short - he had badly cut his his nose, along the side of the nose. A daddy of a kid helped me stop the bleeding and bandage his wound - now I have to see he did look a little funny with this big bandage across his nose. Anyway I took him to the Doc and by now his nose and upper lip was swollen and a bit blueish. Nothing broken!

Like I said he is a tough kid and as I write this he is sitting next to me watching "Nemo" and munching a cookie.

So tomorrow I am keeping him home and there'll be no lunchbox. But there was one today.

A nice long roll with flax seeds, cumin seeds and other lovely things. I spread it with cream cheese and added some lovely Milanese salami and two cherry tomatoes to go. A delicious puff pastry filled with pudding apples and raisins and a double portion of juicy papaya chunks.

Adult Version:
This is good ... this is real good. I had the same type of roll for lunch today and it was just great. So, I hope you find something similar and enjoy the lunch just the way it is!

4 comments:

Thanks for answering my questions about the lunchbox. I am seriously debating getting one for my daughter. I just wish that it had a lid for one of the medium sized containers.

BTW, cream cheese with a little salami on a bagel is one of my all time favorites. Looks like a good lunch today.

Thanks, Laura

Anonymous said...
August 16, 2006 at 4:15:00 AM GMT+2  

All the best to Soeri! Hope it won't leave scars.

Anonymous said...
August 16, 2006 at 9:54:00 PM GMT+2  

Laura, the yellow container does have a lid to it. Furthermore, you can always buy these separately. I recommend it.

Eve, thank you for your kind words. But the doc informed me today that it would leave a small, delicate scar. Kids!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
August 16, 2006 at 10:24:00 PM GMT+2  

Hey sorry about little Soeren-hope he's feeling better today. Give him a hug on my behalf :)

Anonymous said...
August 21, 2006 at 3:44:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment