Plums, raisin Bun and Grapes

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



What an afternoon! We were at the fair today and it was amazing. Soeren his buddies, Justin, Jeremy, Stina and Cosima + all the mummies got together and decided to make a real kiddies afternoon at the fair. You should have seen the glints in their eyes when we picked them all up at the KIGA and drove up to the fair. They were in complete awe.

I am also a total fair, rides, amusement park type of girl and the apple does not fall far from the tree. Soeren was the only one who wanted to go on the bumper cars with me. The merry go round and the other rides were just not spectacular enough. I love that smirk and look in his eyes when he is having fun. After that we all headed to the big "M" for Happy Meals all around. We mummies chilled with ice coffee as the kids played on the slides.

Phew! I am powered out though. All that noise and "Mummy, can I ....!" really is exhausting. So I am gonna relax in the bath tub and then hit the sack. But before I do ...

Today's has a fluffy raisin bun that I spread with butter and honey. Unfortunately you can't see it in the picture but the bun is a fantastic multi-grain roll with flax, sunflower seeds and oats. I spread that with some cream cheese and mortadella. Carrots for the crunch. Grapes are the hit of the past few days with Soeren at the moment. These are seedless and organic and so sweet. The plums in the back were really juicy but a bit on the soft side.

Adult Variation: Instead of just half go for a whole roll. Add a few slices of pastrami, cheese, a few pickles and a good dollop of relish. Roast a few onions and place these in the roll too. This is a sandwich for the hungry. The rest stays.

Hope you have a relaxing day.

2 comments:

mmmm green grapes are my favorite and the raisin bun looks wonderful.

it's funny that you mention the fair; i just went to our state fair on sunday! i didn't ride any rides but i got to see a shark and some white tigers an i got to pet animals (like an alpaca!!!), so it was tons of fun. sometimes it's nice to feel like a kid again, huh?

hope you guys are great!


-jessica

Anonymous said...
September 14, 2006 at 1:52:00 AM GMT+2  

Hi Jessica.
How's it goin?
I love the fair too. As a matter of fact me and my girlfriend actually went on the roller coaster ride. After that I was so full of adrenaline I think I was high LOL!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 15, 2006 at 1:50:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment