Garden Pears

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



Another "cringe" photo! I am just not an early morning photo person I guess. Today kicked off the new year for Soeren's music school. He's been going since he was just over one and a half and this year it really gets interesting as they come into contact with proper instruments for a long period. This year it's all about wind instruments. I think it will be very intriguing for Soeren now. The kiddie singing and dancing is for the major part over. They will be still doing that but more to the theme. Let's see how it goes.

Today we have a very special pear. A garden pear from a friends parents garden. Actually this was not just the one - she brought a huge bag full of these delicious and sweet fruit. It is probably gonna be pears for the next few days now!! If anyone is wondering how I keep them from going brown I normally cover the entire container they are in cling film and wrap it very tightly. It really works! Then there is soft brown bread with flax, sunflower and sesame seeds, spread with herby cream cheese and honey glazed turkey. Yummy! A few green and orange bell peppers give a nice crunch and a whole lot of valuable vitamins. Yes, it's grapes again ... Soeren can't get enough of these and I bought another huge box today!! The vanilla yoghurt has white and milk chocolate crunchy balls sprinkled over the top.

Adult Variation: As I was making this sandwich I also had some lovely roast beef that looked succulent and I figured an type of club sandwich with the honey glazed turkey and the roastbeef would be awesome. Topped with roasted onions and sweet mustard ... heavenly. Hope you like the experiment. I did!

2 comments:

hi meeta
now that my son has started school i am a regular follower of ur lunches.2 ques.. do u make ur vanilla yogurt?and in htis lunch box(which i am very enamoured of)does everything get mixed up whenb u close it and carry it around?

Anonymous said...
September 15, 2006 at 1:33:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi Shaheen!
Congrats! Thank you for being a regular to my blog. It always means a lot when people say that.
I do sometime make my own yoghurt but not from scratch. Check this post for how to make it. This one here is one I bought from the store.
The laptop lunchboxes are really great (link to order is on my sidebar) the yellow container in the back has a lid and it perfect for such things like yoghurt. The rest of the stuff is very tightly shut and nothing gets mixed up.
Let me know how your lunches turn out on a more regular basis - would love to hear about them.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 15, 2006 at 1:49:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment