PBJ - The Premier

Friday, September 08, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


First we have to apologize for the fact that there was no lunchbox yesterday. On Wednesday afternoon Soeren went with Tom to a huge building site. some 80 kms from here. Tom had to do some research work there and decided to take Soeren with him. They had dinner there and came home a little later than ususal. Well Soeren must have had some kind of heavy waffle because he woke up and 3 AM and threw up. This carried on till 5 AM. So you can imagine he was in no position to go to KIGA. I gave a tablet and after that he felt much better and even had a few hours of sleep.

The funniest thing though was when he got up the first thing he wanted was a bowl of pasta!! I actually wanted to post another issue of Blog the Bread yesterday to make up for the missing lunchbox, but to my horror I just could not find the pictures I have been taking. This is very unusual for me as I am very finicky with saving my pictures. I am not sure where they have ended but I had a whole folder called bread and that whole thing is missing! I was a very frustrated person yesterday. And mad! Looks like I will have to take those pics again!!

Today, I have a premier of premieres! A PBJ sandwich! OK - so it is nothing special for most, but for Soeren this is his very first Peanut Butter Jelly sandwich!! I know amazing! I used this jelly I made a while back.With that a clementine and a few blueberries. At the back there is a lovely chocolate marble cake - light and fluffy.

Adult Version: You know what I had for lunch today? A PBJ sandwich. After years! It was delicious. So, if you have been missing on your PBJ's lately - just go for it!

So, here are the last few ideas to take down for spectacular lunchboxes:

Blueberry Pancakes - a sweet lunch? Why not?
French Bagel with sweet cinnamon apples - a lovely combination that your kids will love.

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Sorry about those bread pictures! (You'll find them one day, I know.) And I'm glad your little guy is feeling better. I was very heartened to see that you cut the crusts off that pb&j sandwich, something I do also, when I remember. And I love making jam, particularly raspberry. It's an entirely different sort of food product than commercial jam and elevates the pb&j to something almost mystical. I'm going to go check out that jelly link now! Best, BL

Anonymous said...
September 8, 2006 at 7:25:00 PM GMT+2  

My son would love to get PBJ in his lunch box (which looks remarkably like your son's!) but with nut allergies everywhere, peanut butter and anything else with nuts in it has been banned from his school!
How did he like his pbj, btw?

Jenny said...
September 9, 2006 at 12:38:00 AM GMT+2  

this is his first pb&j EVER?! wow! some weeks i live on peanut butter.

i hope soeren is feeling better! i used to get sick (as in puking) A LOT (daily?) as a kid, so i understand how bad it makes you feel!

school usually isn't that big of a deal, but i am working on my masters now and i am doing a grad assistantship 20 hours a week to pay for it. it's a lot of work! i quite literally have no time to eat between 8 and 5.

i hope you guys have a great weekend. i vote for more pb&j!!!


jessica

Anonymous said...
September 9, 2006 at 4:03:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment