Chocolate Donut and Garden Apples

Friday, September 15, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


As I was saying yesterday, a friend of mine brought a huge bag of garden pears for us the other day. Well, another brought a bag full of their garden apples. Lovely little things - sweet and sour. At this rate I might not need to go shopping for fruit. The next things I know that are bound to come are plums from some friend, neighbor or family member!

Tom is taking Soeren over to his parents for the weekend. Tom will be staying the night there and I am going out with the girls tonight so I will make this a quick post - need to go and get ready you know!!

I used some rye toasties and filled in up with some fresh egg salad I made yesterday. With that half a wiener sausage. Those sweet/sour apples, a few peach slices and a some raisins. The the big treat at the back - a chocolate covered donut with lovely sprinkles on them. Yummy!

Adult Variation: Fill a ciabatta roll with some egg salad then put a few slices of thinly sliced roasted beef and a nice spread of Dijon mustard. WOW! That is one gorgeous tasting lunch. Keep the rest - even the colorful donut. It's the weekend folks so treat yourself to something good.

See you Monday!

2 comments:

Pears, apples, plums! Lucky you. This is a wonderful looking lunch. I'm glad to hear about how you keep the apples and pears from going brown. I add lemon juice, but my children don't always like that extra flavor with the fruit. Cheers, BL

Anonymous said...
September 18, 2006 at 7:39:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi BL! Yeah, I don't likeusing lemon juice either. Orange juice is a great alternative, but the best is wrapping the fruit really tightly with cling film. It really does help.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 18, 2006 at 8:37:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment