Peaches, Kiwi and Physallis

Friday, September 01, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



I'm back again! I was on a business trip for a few days and am glad to be home again. Although it is always great to "get out" every now and again, the best part is coming home. Especially when Soeri runs into my arms saying he missed me. AWWWW!

Even though I was away it was an exciting week for Soeren. As of today he is officially part of the older group. YAAYYY! The older group is upstairs and are more privileged as they are regarded highly by the younger ones. Now Soeren and his buddies (Justin, Jeremy and Malte) are all together, free to cause chaos. Actually the four boys are already some what of a dream team and not to mention little heart breakers. Anyway his new teach is called Frau Blümel and will bring a bit of order in that chaos.

Yesterday, they younger group said goodbye to all those moving upstairs and I think it was a bit tearful. As Soeren leaves his other younger buddies Moritz and Nico behind. Soeren was somewhat of an idol to them. The older ones got a candy bag and Soeren and me moved all his stuff to his new box. His sign changes too from being a kite, he is now a red indian feather. How cute!

Each kid in the KIGA has a specific sign. This is found throughout the KIGA on shelves, towel rack, toothbrush, bed, pajama rack and so on. This way each kid recognizes his sign and can sort his/her stuff out.

But all this new stuff was a little too much for him, I believe. He was a bit cranky when I picked him up and at home shut himself in his room and played by himself the whole afternoon. Even though he said it was great, deep inside I think he feels a bit strange leaving behind what he has known for the last two years.

So, back to the lunchbox - I decided to pack a wonderful green bell pepper bread roll spread with a light herb cream cheese a thin slice of chicken breast and a bit of parmesan cheese. That goes well with a lovely organis hard boiled egg. Some juicy white peaches from Spain, golden Kiwi and a few Physallis are the fruit picks of the day. In the back lurking around is a delicious puff pastry filled with vanilla pudding and raspberry jam. A small treat for today is a multi-vitamin muesli mini bar.

Adult variation: I know you would dislike it if I changed to much with this lunchbox. I would not change a thing if it was for me. I would add a nice tomato salad to it though. Would you agree?

And it's Friday again ... shame really. Next week it's back to school time for most around the world. Shilpa over at Aayi's Recopes has a great post about lunchbox recipes. She is asking people to give in their comments about a few recipes and ideas for kids meals and lunchboces. Hope you all check it out.

See you on Monday and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

I have never heard of physallis before, but they look interesting, like a cherry/grape tomato. The peach looks devine, and I am always in the mood for kiwi. As usual, your bread selection is wonderful as is the pastry.

I agree about the addition of tomato salad, but not if you had to swap it for anything already in the box. Except maybe for the physallis, since I have no idea what that's like!

Anonymous said...
September 2, 2006 at 9:52:00 PM GMT+2  

Oh, and good luck to Soeren now that's he's moved up to the older group. I'm sure it won't be long before he feels right at home there.

Anonymous said...
September 2, 2006 at 9:53:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your motivation.
Physallis is a sweet sour type of fruit and tastes great with all sorts of things - cheese etc. If you get a chance try them out.
Glad you enjoy the tiffins!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 8, 2006 at 11:55:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment