Nutella Waffle Sandwiches

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Nutella Waffel Sandwich

If you are wondering "Boy, that lunchbox looks a bit empty today!". You're right! It does, doesn't it?

Of course there is a very good reason for that. I took Soeren to his annual check up today. The German Pediatricians are very finicky about these. Soeren had to draw circles, squares and triangles. He had to go through the colors and tell a story form a picture showed to him. Then there was a hearing test, sight test and speech test. After that he had to do a few funny sport exercises. It was all quite exciting for him.
But both the nurse and I were in stitches when Soeren had to put on these huge headphones for the hearing test. His small head in between these huge headphones looked something similar to those people at the airport that guide the planes to it's parking place. I find that they too have huge headphones.

There sat my little Soeri and these things on his head and he had this huge grin on his face. The nurse and I just could not cracking up. I wish I had my camera with me.

Anyway, as we missed the morning snack due to this appointment I only packed the lunchbox for the afternoon snack.

Today two fluffy waffles with a thick layer of Nutella. A few plums and peaches. That was it for today.

Adult Variation If you have a banana you could always slice some and layer these in between the waffles too. How about trying out this risotto for lunch.

Let me know what you think. Five days to go and we are off to Greece. YAYYY!

6 comments:

Hi Meeta,
I have been missing checking up on Soeren's daily lunchbox. I had a quick break and thought I'd check out what you had packed for him today. Delish! I mean - Nutella and waffles? Yum. Hope the appointment went ok. :)

Anonymous said...
September 20, 2006 at 11:15:00 PM GMT+2  

mmm this looks wonderful. just what you need after you get a check up at the doctor.

i had to go to the joint doctor today and to the physical therapist, so maybe you could pack one of these wonderful lunches up and mail it my way? :)

hope you guys are great!! how is the weather? the temperature has dropped A LOT here! the high today was about 70F (21C according to my conversion widget in dashboard).


jessica

Anonymous said...
September 20, 2006 at 11:21:00 PM GMT+2  

hi Meeta
I loooove your blog. it's become a routine now for me to check everyday what you sent in soeren's lunchbox. my baby is only 6 months old but i'm already picturing how her lunchbox would look :)

i found this website... if you are looking for more ideas. the recipes are a bit asian, and she has some nice tips.
http://www.c4vct.com/kym/bento/faq.htm

Kavitha said...
September 21, 2006 at 4:50:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi Meeta! I hope Soeren's annual checkup went well! He sounds so adorable!
You definately can't go wrong with a Waffle & Nutella sandwich! Yum! I love the idea of adding a banana in there - I've always loved PB and banana together, so I'm positive that I'd love this as well!

Anonymous said...
September 21, 2006 at 4:59:00 PM GMT+2  

ohhhhh u gotta see this blog (if you havent already)
i especially love the calendar idea.
http://www.cookingcute.com/gallery_0806.htm

Kavitha said...
September 21, 2006 at 6:35:00 PM GMT+2  

Payal Thank you for still taking time to check up on Soeren. I recently put up a few pictures from our SF trip on the wall. Now everytime we go past these he always say "That's Payaaaal right?"

Jessy Check your mailbox - Nutella alarm!! We're fine.Getting excited about our trip to Greece on Tuesday. The weather's been great here we still have temps between 20-25° C. Great. As you reveal your Widget Dashboard - I see you belong to the cool dudes and also use a Mac!!

Spicelover Thanks for the comments. Glad you enjoy the blog. and also for the link. Asian is always good ... it does not get boring this way.

Gilly Soeren had his first PBJ sandwich a few days ago. Can you believe that? Since then he loves the stuff. I always loved PB and banana too - if it just was not that fattening!!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 21, 2006 at 9:12:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment