Great Grandma's Plum Cake

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


Plums, apples and pears are the fruit of Casa Wolff. We're loaded with these.

Soeren's great grandma baked some lovely, sweet plum cake. I'll be making some apple mousse with the apples and freezing those. Thanks to Quelia for that idea.

The cake was really great and Soeren got a nice piece for the lunchbox. I made some fluffy scrambled eggs with some sliced sausages, cherry tomatoes and cheese. To go with that a nice rye bread spread with cream cheese. Fruit (yes a little change from apples, pears and plums) are sweet mango chunks.

Adult Variation: Instead of the rye bread I would suggest a nice dark roll with sunflower seeds and use the scrambled eggs to fill it. The rest is perfect the way it is.

So folks, Desperate Housewives new season starts today and I'm off to watch it.

4 comments:

hey!!!!
meeta
i read your blog every every day...
its nice to know what soeren eats everyday.
do you make indian snacks
i can give you some ideas if you like.
its nice to eat a cake made by grandma isnt it? soeren must be thrilled . my mother was here and she made something called bhakri with rice flour like a thick pancake which my son loves.

Mahek said...
September 20, 2006 at 8:27:00 AM GMT+2  

Hi meeta what about apple cake. There are very verrrry simple recipes available - some of which i tried after i got sacks of apple from my mom in law.Apple and plum marmelade is supposed to really good too.
:- )
shyamala

Anonymous said...
September 20, 2006 at 11:50:00 AM GMT+2  

Hi Meeta!
I can't believe I'm just finding this blog now! I'm really enjoying it - great ideas for both kids and adults alike! Inspiring!

Anonymous said...
September 20, 2006 at 8:19:00 PM GMT+2  

Mahek Thanks you are too kind. Yes, you are always welcome to mail me some easy to make Indian snacks. That would be so great.
Shyamala YOu are fantastic. The idea is brilliant. However, I have not been in much of a cooking/baking mood recently - 5 days before the vacation!! Let's see maybe I will bake something on the weekend.
Gilly!! Sweetie, nice to have you here. Yes, this is my daily blog where I post Soeri's lunchbox everyday. What started as a way for me to see what I was packing for Soeren seems to have turned into a craze. My readers seem to enjoy the ideas too. Hope you stick around.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 20, 2006 at 8:53:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment