Spelt bread and Veggie Sticks

Monday, May 08, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Wow! Our last week before we take off to the US. Really looking forward to this trip as I have not seen some of my family for a few years.

What about the Daily Tiffin, you ask? Well I do have one or the other idea of what I can post. It might not be daily, but things that can be related to the Daily Tiffin.

Of course I am also open to your ideas. Is there anything you might like to see me report about on my travel to the States? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Oh yeah ... and a happy birthday to Sonu! Wow bro you're getting old!!

Morning Snack: See that luscious spelt bread jam packed with sunflower seeds. Well it is a new bread that our baker tried out. I can tell you it is really delicious. Soft and moist. Most of the spelt breads I have tried were rather dry but this one is certainly a keeper. I spread it with some butter and laid a slice of cream cheese. With it I gave him a veggie stick. It is an organic sort I bought at our store and crammed with broccoli, corn, carrots, potatoes and cheese. A few cucumber slices and apple wedges for the crunch!

Afternoon Snack: A soft french chinois with chocolate chips and a chocolate chip vanilla yoghurt. How chippy?

Adult Variation: I would suggest to use some of the veggie sticks in the sandwich. Now, if you can find a nice bread like the one I used then go ahead and cut up 2 thick slices. Spread with some cream cheese and lay a few veggie sticks and a couple of lettuce leaves in between. You can also use a pitta bread, as I can imagine these sticks would taste great with the pitta bread and a nice helping of tahini. If you are going for this arabian type taste then try out a fatoush. A simple salad made from tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and roasted bread crusts. A delicious meal.
Either a chinois or a nutty danish pastry for your afternoon nibble, with a nice iced coffee will probably make your day. Hope you have a nice one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment