Last one!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Not only our last lunch box for the next couple of weeks but also only one today. Soeren is at the hairdresser's with Tom so he will be missing the morning snack at the KIGA.
He said he needed to look good for America!! Sometimes I really wonder where he comes up with these comments.

For example, this morning he saw (by accident) that I had bought him a book about airplanes and airports. I had planned to give it to him in Frankfurt airport. It is a book we have often taken out from our local library and he loves it. I decided to go ahead and buy it. So, of course he was all excited when he saw it and wanted to show Tom. I told him that he had already seen it and that he could not have it right now!

Of course there were tears and then a bad mood .... in his disappointment he says to me "You can fly to America alone, I don't want to fly with you!"

Both Tom and I really laughed at this one. It was so adorable. In the end I managed to explain to him that it would be more exciting to look at it in a real airport so we can look at the real live examples.

I will try and post a few interesting things here on our trip. For example when we finally get our hands on the Laptop Lunchboxes I have been dying to have.

Afternoon Snack: A luscious Ricotta Buttermilk Pancake with maple syrup and a few fresh strawberries. A great way to start the vacation. mmmmm!

Adult Variation: You all know I am not gonna change a thing here .... just a couple more of these fantastic pancakes. They taste great with strawberries so pack yourself a large portion of these too.

See you soon!

1 comments:

hi
mahek here,
i came back from my vacation yesterday and after 10 long days the first thing that i did way to go to your blog and now i see that you are off on a vacation anyway!!!
have a nice vacation and take some good food snaps and send it thro your blog
share some of the food related secrets from america and give me suggestions as to what i should tell my sis to buy for me the next time she comes down bye

Mahek said...
May 19, 2006 at 10:51:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment