Vegie Sticks and These Eyes ...

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



Phew! It was just one of those days that I am happy has an end to it. Too much happening and trying to make it happen all at once is not easy. To add to it Soeren was a bag of wildness and just could not stay put. Hands and fingers everywhere, 100 questions a minute and running around 100 miles an hour!! I guess getting him to bake brownies with me was not the perfect way to keep him put. I won't go into it ... I was glad that the neighbor's kids came around and her went off to play for an hour.

Maybe it was the vegie sticks that gave him all that extra power. The lunchbox was packed today. Two of those really tasty vegie sticks, with a rye bread sandwich of cream cheese. A container filled with plums, a banana and some cranberries. In the back we have Apple Strudel from our bakery. I got a huge thumbs up for this one today.

Here he is:



Don't let these eyes fool you. There is plenty of cheek behind the innocence!

Adult Variation:
Adding the sticks into a roll and then spreading some hot sauce on it would make it really delicious. If you have another free container then take a bit of vanilla sauce with the apple strudel or if you can treat yourself to a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.

For all those who emailed and requested the recipe for the pesto spirals mentioned here is now up on WFLH.

I am off to hit the bath tub and relax. Take it easy.

4 comments:

Sounds you've been having quite the week, Meeta! I hope things settle down a little, and you're able to keep sane! :-)

Suelily said...
October 25, 2006 at 9:04:00 PM GMT+2  

i'll definitely take that apple strudel with some vanilla bean ice cream!

i love the photo of soeren. just wonderful!

which camera are you using again? the nikon d70? i was looking into getting a canon eos digital rebel xt; my 35mm is a canon and the digital is pretty reasonably priced (especially since i don't have tons to spend!)

i'll try to visit more; i have been SO BUSY with school and doctors! i have to have knee surgery in a week so i may not be around much for awhile after that.

hope you guys are great!


jessica

Anonymous said...
October 25, 2006 at 9:08:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi SL, Been awhile. Yes, I really do hope thingssettle down a bit here. Work has been tremendous and the rest has been hectic. I could do with another vacationLOL.

Jessica, hope things go well with that knee OP. But you can always place that Mac on your thighs ;-) I am using the Nikon D70s. I am extremely happy with it. I am sure I am not using the camera to its full capacity but it makes learning all the more interesting and something to look forward to. The EOS Digital Rebel is a pretty good camera. I know quite a few of my Flickr buddies who use it and they take great pictures.

Let me know when you do buy it.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
October 25, 2006 at 9:30:00 PM GMT+2  

Look at Soeren! Looks like a handsome 'punjabi da munda':D:D

Looks like you somewhat, I assume?
Great to see him and oh yes, I can see he is a handful!:))

Enjoy the mischief while you can..

FH said...
November 1, 2006 at 2:58:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment