After the Vacation

Friday, October 06, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



So here we are again back to fixing lunchboxes after a lovely vacation. It was brilliant. We had great weather throughout our stay and the hotel was superb. A private beach with the a gorgeous colored sea. The pools were brilliant and the food was to die for.

Soeren enjoyed every minute and spent most of his time in the water. He made a few friends too. But I saw a new side of Soeren. He met a girl called Vanessa (5 years) and was in complete awe of her. He spent some of his time following her around. She really liked him too but I guess at one point it got too much for her because one evening at the kiddie disco she pushed Soeren. I saw the look on his face as he fell. It really broke my heart to see it. It was pure and innocent disappointment. I had to muster up my courage NOT to go running to him as I think he needs to solve such situations himself. He got up and although was disappointed he just carried on dancing. Another little lady put the smile back on his face when she hugged and kissed him.

As we were getting ready for bed that evening I asked him if he had a good time. He said he did. I asked about Vanessa and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "It did not hurt me!" My brave boy. The next day both were friends again and spent the day on the beach building castles.

Before we sign off for the weekend here is today's. A lovely soft rye roll packed with flax and sesame seeds. I spread this with cream cheese and a slice of pork roast and ooppps how did that lettuce leaf get in there ;-). Two ripe cherry tomatoes go in too. A few Greek, sweet and juicy grapes. Does anyone know the drink Actimel from Danone? Well there newest product is Actimel yoghurt and Soeren loved the drink and got one almost every morning at breakfast. The yoghurt tastes totally delicious too. That is what he got today with a few vanilla cereal squares and a Nougat roll/newton.

Adult Variation:
Of course an entire roll instead of just half and I also recommend a sweet and spicy relish on the pork roast slices. A tomato salad would go well with this too. The rest we can keep the way it is.

Happy Weekend and I hope to share a few more pictures of our vacation in the coming week.

2 comments:

Good decision not to run to your son!! Got to learn themselves!:))

My son is a chick(sorry!) magnet!!:D
Although he is started a different middle school,this old school girl classmate visits him regularly! I always make sure I invite other girls and boys too,so they are not alone at home!:D:D
YUP!! no funny business until 21 in my book!My son & daughter and I have made a deal!:D
But they are sweet,though!Some freedom is okay!Be a Roman when you are in Rome!! Right??!!

In US, it's called Dannon Goghurt (portable),comes in a pouch or in plastic bottles,flavored and drinkable!

Oooh! I better stop now!:))Have a great weekend Meeta!

FH said...
October 7, 2006 at 3:24:00 PM GMT+2  

I love these ideas, I'm drooling just thinking about it. Thanks.

Scribbit said...
October 8, 2006 at 2:44:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment