Two boxes

Monday, October 23, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



Today I owe two lunchboxes. Friday was chaotic and the weekend was hectic and a bit depressing. Hectic because Tom's brother is finally moving out of the parents nest and into an apartment of his own and needs to decorate his place. So we spent a greater part of Saturday at Ikea and a part of Sunday setting the stuff we bought up. Depressed because it was Diwali weekend for all Indians and I kind of felt so out of touch with it all. Being in Germany I am probably one of the very rare Indians living in Weimar and such celebrations are never really celebrated. I was on my own and my thoughts were of how out of touch I was getting with all things Indian. I have not been back to India in something like 15 years and ever since leaving Qatar (where we still had a bit of the Indian lifestyle) I miss it even more. It's funny as I get older I realize more and more ho out of touch I am with my roots. The occasional Hindi film does not always cut it anymore.

I also have my thoughts if I will be able to offer Soeren anything about his Indian roots.

So, with all these things happening Friday's lunchbox kind of went under. Above is the picture. A lovely roll made with cheese, sunflower seeds and bacon bits simply spread with herb flavored cream cheese. A few cucumbers on the side. A raisin bun spread with butter and honey and a double portion of juicy Melon.



Being a Monday, today's was only half filled due to the new times in English classes.

So, it was Apples from Grandmum's trees and the last of great grandmum's plum cake. Phew!

Adult Variation:
The whole lot in one lunch box would work well, wouldn't it? Hope you enjoy your week. I have a ton of work, how about you?

2 comments:

Hello, lunches look good!Friday's, does he really eat all that or just looks big bcos of the zoom?

I feel you! Last time we visited India was in'92,Trisha was 9mts ,Tushar never seen India!So much globe trotting,didn't know time passed so quick.May be within 2 yrs or so,we should plan.

unlike you,I am married to Indian,so it's diff. for you.For kids I buy Amar Chitra Katha comic books which tells the stories of India. Ofcourse I have to pronounce most words for them. Orelse it's like Sheevaa or Pervaaati.They like Ganesha but don't know abt Gaanaapaatee!:D

Okay, I will leave before you kick me out..I am tired to the bones really...relaxing today.,needed a cocktail yesterday evening even to stand up...:) Oh Diwali....

FH said...
October 23, 2006 at 9:37:00 PM GMT+2  

The breads are the ones that always get me drooling.

Scribbit said...
October 24, 2006 at 7:39:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment