Mini Cake & Wild Garlic and Bacon Ciabatta

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


I arrived just in time at my bakery yesterday. Just as they were taking out a batch of freshly baked rolls from the oven. At closer look I noticed these were the gorgeous wild garlic and bacon ciabattas that are very difficult to get as they literally disappear as soon as they are baked.

I was glad I managed to get a bagful. A few for dinner and one for the lunchbox.

The ciabatta is spred with butter and a slice of Gouda cheese. I slice some cucumbers and added them into the roll too. It might simple but with the flavors of the wild garlic and bacon it harmonizes perfectly. I also thought I'd treat Soeren to a chocolate chip mini loaf. They are so cute and perfect for the lunchbox. To cover the fruit today we have juicy grapes and crunchy apples.

Adult Variation:
I'm going to keep it the way it is today. Try and getting your hands on a similar type roll if possible. Otherswise go for a dark rool and add a few bacon chunks into the sandwich yourself. Top of with a few herbs and I am sure you will have a gorgeous sandwich.
Have a great morning, afternoon, evening or night - where ever you are in the World.

2 comments:

this looks DELICIOUS! i could eat a meal like that every day. mmmm.

hope you guys are well!

i hope that you guys have a good german thanksgiving!


jessica

Anonymous said...
October 12, 2006 at 8:21:00 PM GMT+2  

hi
whats a ciabatta is it a bread
that chocolate chip mini loaf is it a cake or a bread.
the loaf looks so yummy....
bye
mahek

Mahek said...
October 14, 2006 at 9:05:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment