Giving Thanks

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


As I mentioned yesterday, Soeren's KIGA had their Thanksgiving festival today. We were all supposed to bring a colorful basket filled with food that represented the season. They do this every year and the whole day is spent doing great and fun things to welcome the Autumn season. Soeren made me a crown decorated with colorful dried maple leaves. He said to me "You are my autumn princess!" CUTE!

This was our basket that we brought to give thanks. Carrots, corn, apples, a pear and a bell pepper! Colorful and healthy!!



The lunchbox was also packed with wonderful stuff. A slice of the healthy rye, flax, sesame seed bread spread with leberwurst and a few cherry tomatoes. A mixture of fresh and dried fruit accompanied the lunchbox today. Fresh plums and dried raisins and cranberries. Last but not least a wonderful chocolate croissant.

Adult Variation:
If you do not like the leberwurst then try a fish pate! I made one the other day and it was lovely. Recipe will be available on WFLH? at some point in the future.

2 comments:

The fall colors and produce are always so beautiful. I've never had leberwurst or fish pate . . . have to give it a try. I'm ashamed of my little post today about a lunch box tip after reading yours--PB&J sounds so pathetic next to chocolate croissants.

Scribbit said...
October 11, 2006 at 9:47:00 PM GMT+2  

Hi Meeta,Its a wonderful blog u have here,ur idea of sandwiches and innovative recipies with an Indian touch is even more attractive.My query is,when you write the names of breads/ingredients/or any particular stuff can you please write the German name in brackets `coz it can be easy for me to relate to the stuff and make it...BTW I`m in Deutschland too :)Thanks!!

Anonymous said...
October 12, 2006 at 11:34:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment