Tomato and cheese, plums, and vanilla yoghurt

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


I have already started taking pictures of the bread for my German bread review. This one was actually the first one. Our favorite one called "Bernd". I am not quite sure how I will tackle the review and on which blog I'll publish it. But at least I have made a start and I thought I'd keep you updated.

The weather has been hot, hot and hotter. And no sign of rain anywhere. Yesterday, the KIGA had a Splash! day. Everyone brought their bathing shorts/swimsuits and the let the sprinklers on and filled up their big basin with cool water. The kids had a blast as I was told.

Today's is keeping it fresh and cool! So, a slice of "Bernd" spread with margarine and a cool slice of cream cheese (I say slice because that is the newest invention - cream cheese slices!) and slice of lovely Italian tomatoes. Two small meatballs accompany the sandwich. Fruity and juicy plums. Vanilla yoghurt with a few vanilla cereal squares for the topping.

Adult Variation:
This looks really good. You can substitute the cream cheese slice for some soft mozzarella cheese. Add a spoonful of pesto all genovese and believe me it will be a great sandwich. Plums are so fantastic and refreshing so I hope you take a big portion. Instead of topping the yoghurt with the cereal squares you can use fresh chopped strawberries too.
Stay cool and enjoy your Thursday lunch!

2 comments:

i've never heard of cream cheese slices...how odd. but then agan, i usually only eat flavored cream cheese.

plum looks good! mmm.


jessica

Anonymous said...
July 7, 2006 at 3:43:00 AM GMT+2  

Hi Jessica,
Yes, it's really lovely. The brand is called "Exquisa" and they have several flavors too - Mediterranean herbs, garden herbs and just plain. It's great for sandwiches and they really taste great. my personal fave is the one with Mediterranean herbs.

The plums were really juicy. Here catch!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
July 7, 2006 at 9:01:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment