Thursday, November 20, 2008
Posted by Suganya
Semi-sweet chocolate – 1 cup
Shortening – 1 tbsp
Glass bowl - to melt the chocolate
Baking sheet lined with parchment/wax paper – 1
Cellophane paper - to wrap
- Take chocolate and shortening in the glass bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip the spoons in the chocolate, as far their bases, tap gently to shake off the excess chocolate and place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment/wax paper. Top with any of the garnishes mentioned above.
- When you are done with all the spoons, freeze for 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Wrap the spoons with cellophane paper and tie with a pretty ribbon. Makes about 12 to 15 spoons, depending on how much you lick the bowl while dipping the spoons.
- If the chocolate is not in dipping consistency, add a splash of milk.
- Both plastic and metal spoons work. Use whatever suits your needs.
- You can add flavoring oils of your choice to the chocolate while melting.
This Post was written by Suganya
Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing your ideas.