Announcing Monthly Mingle 27 : Low Sugar Sweet Treats

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Posted by Dee




Don't we all love sweets? Most of us cant stop eating just one! With the holiday season in the US, I traipse the stores, looking in wonder all the sweet treats ,hoping to carry at least a few boxes home , but when I read the labels pertaining to the calorific value, I come home without any!

With the fast approaching holiday season, many of us would be busy making sweet treats for our family and friends.

This month, we ask you to get your pots and pans out, put on your thinking caps and set to making healthy Low Sugar Sweet Treats. It would be great, if you use natural sugar substitutes like honey, agave nectar etc.




Here’s how it works:

1. Create a dish that fits the theme of “Low- Sugar Sweet treats” as described above.
2. Post about it on your blog anytime from now until 8th December.(entries must be in English, please).
3. Link to this post and send the details to us (see below). Please feel free to use the logo created above for this mingle.

Once you’ve posted your dish, send an email with “Monthly Mingle: Low-Sugar Sweet Treats” in the subject line to: thedailytiffin (at) gmail (dot) com by 8 December 2008 with the following information:

* your name
* your location
* the name of your blog and its URL
* the name of your dish and a link to the relevant post
* a copy of the main photo of your dish 200px wide (and compressed so that it is below 1MB!)

This is going to be an exciting mingle and we are looking forward to having you over.

If you too would like to guest host the Monthly Mingle in the future drop Meeta an email at blogmeeta [at] gmail [DOT] com (Please note that this email address is different to the one you should send in your entries at.)




This Post was written by Dee



Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: thedailytiffin@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

12 comments:

Great idea! I'm gonna go through my files :D

Anonymous said...
November 17, 2008 at 6:17:00 AM GMT+1  

sounds great Dee! I'm all set to whip up a healthy dessert:)

Mansi said...
November 17, 2008 at 8:30:00 PM GMT+1  

Fantastic. Great theme, Dee. Good luck to DT on its first ever event :)

Suganya said...
November 17, 2008 at 9:03:00 PM GMT+1  

Great theme,Can I send a recipe from my archive,it is sugarless dessert and I would like share it with your readers.

Unknown said...
November 20, 2008 at 10:04:00 AM GMT+1  

glad everyone is liking the theme here.

Pearlsofeast: We would prefer if you created a new recipe for this event. Thanks!

November 21, 2008 at 11:11:00 AM GMT+1  

For some reason my e-mail to the address you listed is being returned to me. (I have re-checked the address and tried twice, but no luck with the address listed.)

Here's my link:
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/low-sugar-and-flourless-apple-cranberry.html

If you want to e-mail me at kalynskitchen (at) comcast (dot) net, I can try replying to your e-mail and see if I can get it to go through.)

Feel free to delete this after you see it if you don't want links left here.

Thanks!

Kalyn Denny said...
November 26, 2008 at 5:36:00 PM GMT+1  

I just send my entry to the event. Please check out.

lubnakarim06 said...
December 3, 2008 at 8:05:00 AM GMT+1  

I just found out about this event and will be posting a recipe on Monday morning. Is that too late? It's the 8th -- or do you need to have it posted before the 8th?

Gloria Chadwick said...
December 6, 2008 at 7:24:00 PM GMT+1  

Gloria not at all! Send it in when you've posted it!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
December 6, 2008 at 11:19:00 PM GMT+1  

Jus sent :) this theme is indeed exciting

DK said...
December 7, 2008 at 11:41:00 PM GMT+1  

I just posted my Applesauce Raisin Cake at Cookbook Cuisine and sent you an email. Looking forward to the round-up. :)

Gloria Chadwick said...
December 8, 2008 at 5:55:00 PM GMT+1  

just mailed you my entry Dee! looking forward to the lovely roundup soon!:)

Mansi said...
December 8, 2008 at 10:24:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment