Coriander and Garlic Pita

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff



My postcard event over on my other blog has just about come to an end. Phew! It was a bit hectic trying to coordinate to 60 something registrations. All postcards have been sent and we all can sit back and wait till ours arrive. Exciting!

Today's has some more watermelon -the last of it - and a lovely sweet apricot. I found some fantastic coriander and garlic pitas in the store the other day and thought Soeren would enjoy these. This one is spread with herb flavored cream cheese, a slice of Swiss cheese and Italian mortadella. Now that is combining the flavors of Europe, eh? Last night I made a fresh tomato and olive tart. The tomatoes are courtesy of one of my neighbors as a thank you for watering them while they were on vacation. These are home-grown and not only do they look perfect they taste gorgeous. The "fillini" wafers are spread with Nutella. I can see Soeren smiling!

Adult Variation: Perfect! i think I would add a bit of rucola to the pita sandwiches but otherwise this is so great. Oh, yeah I would treat my self to a lovely cafe machiatto!

I promise to go to the Gym again tonight (see I have been missing it lately - bad girl).

3 comments:

NUTELLA!!!!!!! soeren isn't the only one smiling!

everything looks delicious! i love apricots. and there was a few days this summer that i ate watermelon for every meal!

i wish i had gotten in on the postcard thing. i saw the post in your other journal, but then forgot about it! it was a wonderful idea though.


jessica

Anonymous said...
August 2, 2006 at 11:30:00 PM GMT+2  

What a pretty spread! Those wafers caught my eye first though, despite the gorgeous fruit. I guess I can intuit Nutella over long distances. Are the "fillini" wafers sweet? Is that a brand name? Yum, yum.

JuliaMazal said...
August 5, 2006 at 11:59:00 PM GMT+2  

jessica, i'll be doing the BPW in sept/oct. again and then hope you can join then.

julia, nice to see you here too ;-)). nutella IS the best. "fillini" wafers are available in several different tyoes of flavors. this particular one is just plain.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
August 6, 2006 at 9:42:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment