Chocolate filled Koala bears

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Koala Bear Cookies

You know that you have a cheeky little almost 4 year old on your hands when you feel like you're being taken for a ride. Soeren will be turning 4 soon and at the moment he is going around everywhere, where he sees something he likes, saying "Mum, maybe the birthday fairy will get me this?" or "do you think the birthday fairy will get me this?" or "Can you please tell the birthday fairy, I really would like this?"

Of course this is not just done so dryly. He uses complete body language. I mean you've seen those big brown eyes, right? So, he uses these to his full advantage. Batting those long lashes. Then there is that smile, which in combination with the batting of the eyes really bowls you over. Then there are hugs and kisses and sentences like "You know how much I love you and you are my best friend?" But he already knows that his two killer weapons - eyes and smile - have already worked.

My question - how can a close to 4 year old wrap me a grown 34 year old (and many others in different age classes) around that tiny finger. And how did that tiny little baby that I could cradle in my arms, grow up so fast? Any ideas?

Todays was once again leberwurst ..... nothing could budge him there. But at least I could vary the bread. Wonderful spelt bread slices. Apricots and yellow kiwi as the fruits of the day. To enhance the fruit intake I pureed a few apricots and added some pureed peaches. I know it's fruit but to a 4 year old it's mousse which counts as dessert!! Then I bought these cute looking koala bear cookies that are filled with chocolate cream. Today's treat was a little toy soldier!

Adult Version:
The bread stays now that's for sure. I was thinking of something more vegetarian today. How does oven baked bell peppers and a few sun dried tomatoes on some parmesan cheese sound. Instead of the cookies how about a nice fruity cake or tart.
Happy lunching!

4 comments:

i definitely like the vegetarian option over the leberwurst.

buuuuut how about a nice fruity cake...AND cookies! those cookies are too cute.

and it's funny: children know and control A LOT more than we give them credit for! looks like your little one may be ahead of the game.



jessica

Anonymous said...
August 8, 2006 at 10:20:00 PM GMT+2  

Geez! My little sonny turns one year old in one and a half week - I still feel like I just squeezed him out of my tummy. (And I still look like that, too. :( ) - they really grow up so fast, I wonder where all that time has gone! (Btw. he has huge brown eyes, too. Too cute!)

I loved those koala cookies, too. Didn't know they are still available, I haven't seen them for a long time. Guess, I have to get some soon. :)
Kiwis are (next to all straw-, blue- and raspberries and sweet cherries) one of my lover's favourites. And even though I gave him yellow ones several times, he would forget that there are golden kiwis and act surprised whenever I tell him about them. *sigh* He's getting old....

Anonymous said...
August 9, 2006 at 10:40:00 AM GMT+2  

I'm with Soeren. When I'm in Germany I can't get enough of the leberwurst either. It's much better than you can find in the States.

Anonymous said...
August 10, 2006 at 12:30:00 AM GMT+2  

Hi folks. Thanks for your comments.

Jess, yeah Soeren does seem that way. Tom says because I treat him like a grown uo too much. When I do try and treat him like a kid I am told "Mum, I am not a baby anymore!" No win situation!

Eve, these koala bears are now available with different fillings. They are great. Hey and they grow up so fast - the kids I mean not the bears ;-)

ANON leberwirst is the best!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
August 14, 2006 at 1:41:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment