Kiwis, Pineapple and a Frankfurter

Monday, April 24, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Keep it simple, was the way to go this morning. We were in a bit of a rush as each of us had a few appointments and things to do. Even though things a re "simple" today they are by no mean boring. On the contrary, looking at the lunch boxes in the pictures shows me how colorful it is!

Morning Snack: I think nothing beats a sausage, in this case a Frankfurter for kids. Soeri, enjoys the elaborate things he gets in the lunch box, but a Frankfurter is always a winner. Paired with rye bread spread with herb cream cheese and a few carrot batons, I think he will be rather pleased. Green kiwis are in the fruit section this morning. A good portion of extra vitamins is always good!

Afternoon Snack: We cut up the juiciest and sweetest pineapple yesterday for dinner. It was a pretty big pineapple and there is a bit leftover. I packed a container full with some of these lovely pineapple chunks. The honey cake is becoming a big favorite here. I will have to find a recipe to make it myself. It surprises me every time, that things I expect will not do too well at home, becomes a hit. So, it was honey cake again spread with butter.

Adult Variation: OK, Frankfurters might be for kids but what about the grown-ups? Well why not a Frankfurter salad. Easy to make and tastes great. Chop up some onion, slice the Frankfurter sausage, cut up a few bit size chunks of your favorite cheese. Now add some carrot cubes and pour all this with your favorite dressing. A simple baguette is the best companion to this salad. The kiwi stays and so does the pineapple. If you are unable to find a honey cake with the tastes of ginger and cinnamon then go for any other type of dry cake.

2 comments:

hi
i am mahek from india and i love all your blogs.
i have been a regular reader of your blogs
i had written a long mail to you but could not post it here as its too long
if i could get your email we can do that
your daily tiffin blog is a inspiration to me as i too have to make everyday tiffin for my son .
only the ingredients are not available here.
anyway .
bye

Mahek said...
April 25, 2006 at 9:59:00 AM GMT+2  

Hi Mahek,

I love your your name! I think if my next child (if I choose to have one) is a girl this is one of the names on top of my list.

Thank you for your compliment. I am always glad to hear The Daily Tiffin is of help to other parents. I know I sometimes start thinking about Soeri's tiffin on the previous evening! As for the ingredients I try to vary and I know not everything is available in different countries. But I am sure in India you can find so many things that might be similar or just vary it with something else.

As for the email, just click on my profile and hit the email button. I would love to hear from you!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
April 25, 2006 at 10:12:00 AM GMT+2  

Post a Comment