Fruits galore!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff

Over the weekend I bought so much of fruit that my refrigerator is overflowing. It is, therefor no surprise that the snack boxes are crammed with fruits today, in my special edition of "Fruits Galore!"

Morning Snack: On the menu today for the morning snack, Sir Soeren will be eating a fine rye bread, spread with a smooth layer of cream cheese. With this he will enjoy light and herby meatballs accompanied with a few cucumber slices and cherry tomatoes. For dessert, a ripe and succulent papaya.

Afternoon Snack An exquisite creation by Chef Mum, is this light Forest Berry Mascarpone Tart. Furthermore, some soft and luscious slivered pears top off the afternoon snack.

Adult Variation: No, I have not lost my marbles ;-). Just getting myself in the mood for our trip over Easter. Where, you ask? Guess!.
Back to your lunch! Make a bit of pasta, like penne, and add a tomato pasta sauce to it. Throw in a few of the meatballs and you have a nice pasta dish that can be eaten cold or warm. You can even chop up a zucchini and a carrot and quickly steam these. Add together with the pasta sauce. Papaya are absolutely delicious and so nourishing so make sure you take a huge slice.
If you do make this tart (when I post the recipe) I hope you enjoy it. The combination of ginger and cinnamon in the mascarpone is really tantalizing. Cut yourself a big slice and enjoy this with a nice Latte Macchiato.
Toodle-loo my jolly ole fellows!

0 comments:

Post a Comment