Tiffin Tuesday - ovenbaked veggies

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Posted by jokergirl@wererabbits



Last monday was my first day at a new workplace. Since I wanted to give myself a little message (Ganbatte ne! Fight-o! and so on) and also, since I have to get up quite a bit earlier and after work, renovating a new apartment is on the plans for the evening, I packed a little breakfast box with leftovers for a good start in the day.



The box contains, starting from the top left corner and circling clockwise:
Potato halves, Maché sallad (I love this stuff), crème fraiche with chives to dip, a zucchini with a stick of feta, spiced sweet potato sticks, a mini-pie crust with some egg and half an olive, a few lumps of parmesan, eggplant with herbs, more sweet potato sticks, more salad and a mushroom stuffed with pesto, tomatoes and cheese.

Organic check: The ingredients from organic production are: potatoes, sallad, zucchini, feta, parmesan (the last of the one I imported from Italy *sniff*), mushroom. Everything else I either had already or couldn't find organic.



Everything in there that needed to be cooked was baked in the oven. The potatoes and sweet potatoes baked while I prepared the rest of the stuff, then I put the other veggies on a tray above it and when they were done, so were the potatoes.






Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: blogmeeta@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

This Post was written by jokergirl from WereRabbits


5 comments:

JG, I wish you all the very best with your new job. It's always an exciting new phase and with such lunchboxes you will certainly conquer each day perfectly.

I love baked veggies - just a question: How do you keep them from becoming soggy in the lunchbox? I sometimes have that problem when I pack roasted veggies for Soeren. They end up a bit soggy and limp the next day.

Meeta K. Wolff said...
February 12, 2008 at 8:43:00 AM GMT+1  

oh my, those veggies look good! thanks for inspiring me to get roasting jokergirl. and good luck with the new job!

Abby said...
February 12, 2008 at 9:52:00 AM GMT+1  

Good luck with your new job! You will definitely have the very best lunch of all.

February 12, 2008 at 5:16:00 PM GMT+1  

This looks SOOO good!

Meg Wolff said...
February 12, 2008 at 7:23:00 PM GMT+1  

i'd love to know your recipes for these DE-licious looking veggies. i too love roasted veggies and am always looking for new ways to make them. yumm!!

the dowiaks said...
February 21, 2008 at 3:07:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment