Croissant Melon and Cherry Yoghurt

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Posted by Meeta K. Wolff


Soeren was invited to a birthday party today. Nora, just turned 4 and she was also invited to Soeri's party. Yesterday we went to buy her a birthday present and I asked him what does he think we should get her. He headed straight to the cars and said "I think Nora would like this Fire Engine!"
"But Nora is a girl!" I replied.
"Oh yeah! Well if she does not like it I can always take it!"

Now that reminded me of a brilliant episode of the Simpsons I saw a while back. It's Marges birthday and Homer looks for a very special birth present for her. As Marge excitedly unpacks her present she is surprised with a bowling ball. "But I don't even bowl!" she says disappointedly. "OK I'll take it then!" says Homer quickly. It is then that Marge sees that the bowling ball has been engraved "HOMER"!
Are men born with these genes? LOL!

Well we got Nora a Mermaid Barbie - every girls dream right. When I dropped Soeren off at the party he gave Nora her present and said "Here, this is a girlie present! Nothing for us boys!" Nora was very excited and found the Barbie really nice. Soeren was not amused as he found no joy in playing with it.

Today I packed a fluffy croissant filled with cream cheese, chicken breast and Swiss cheese. On the fruit side, some juicy and very sweet melon. The yoghurt is a nice organic cherry yoghurt sprinkled with chocolate loops. In the upper corner are 3 nougat rolls and as the treat a few jelly bears.

Adult Variation: I would simply add a few tomato slices to the croissant and instead of the chocolate loops some fresh raspberries. Otherwise it's just great the way it is.

Here are a few more great lunch ideas from WFLH

Poroshki - a versatile russian type calzone. You can fill it with your favorite filling. I used mushrooms and potatoes. (Golly the photos remind me of when I was handicapped due to the fact that my camera got stolen in London!!!)
Vegetable patties - all the goodies of vegies in a scrumptious patty. With a few nice dips it becomes irresistible.
Carrot Coconut Walnut Apple Muffin -sound too good to be true. No it's really not. The best part of it is it's not too sweet and kids love them.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Scones - delectable scones. Light and crispy.



If you are looking for something yummy to cook up for dinner, check out my Paella.

2 comments:

looks very good AS ALWAYS! the nougat rolls look like fig newtons! and haribo gummy bears are my absolute favorite. i could eat way too many in one sitting.

i hope things are well with you guys! sorry for my lack of commenting lately -- i've been ridiculously busy with school.


jessica

Anonymous said...
September 6, 2006 at 2:44:00 AM GMT+2  

Jessica, missed you! I can imagine going back to school must be hard. Those nougat rolls are based on fig newtons. There was a variety to pick from date, plum etc. I tried out the nougat.

Things are fine. Soeren had an upset tummy but I'll tell you more in my next post.
Keep in touch sweetie!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
September 8, 2006 at 12:03:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment