Tiffin Tuesday - Leftovers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Posted by jokergirl@wererabbits



It's the season for christmas dinners and as my mother and grandmother were visiting in the weekend, I had a lot of leftovers from mine! Luckily I had bought plenty of healthy veggies, so I still managed to make a colourful box.
Vegetarian zucchini quiche Lorraine on mixed leaf salad, cherry tomatoes, carrot flowers and purple potato salad (the potatoes are purple, not the salad! It was good but for a potato salad, there are better tasting potatoes around.).



This is my own box, and the cutter which I used for the carrots. I'm sure you can figure out how I did it! It just goes to show that you can do quite a lot with "ordinary" cutters if you can't get the special veggie cutters.



This post was written by jokergirl from WereRabbits.



Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: thedailytiffin@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

4 comments:

Those carrots are so beautiful - what a great idea!

Sandy Smith said...
December 10, 2008 at 4:04:00 PM GMT+1  

Such a beautiful presentation and healthy choices too.

deepu said...
December 11, 2008 at 5:35:00 PM GMT+1  

What do you do with the little bits of carrot you remove with the cutter?

December 11, 2008 at 8:18:00 PM GMT+1  

What a beautiful bento!! I want one just like this!

jesse said...
December 12, 2008 at 3:47:00 AM GMT+1  

Post a Comment