A load of old baubles...

Monday, November 26, 2007

Posted by Amanda at Little Foodies

Christmas is coming the geese are getting fat... and they're not the only ones! However, moving swiftly on to baubles. If you have any old ones or you're able to buy some very inexpensive ones then you can transform them with very little effort into something entirely more glamorous. It's a great activity to do with children or a group of grown ups.



Infact just this morning I spent a few hours with a gaggle of mums from the school, drinking nice coffee and turning some very inexpensive baubles from Ikea into something which would be perfectly at home sitting on the shelves of some very up market shops. The ones this morning were for the craft stall at the School Christmas Fair and I will add pictures of those later in the week as we stuck different things on. They were really very beautiful and the transformation amazing.

All this when I should have been hitting the publish button on a post about the bread that I'm only just making now. As for most, at this time of year, it's really very busy and juggling everything can be a struggle. However doing something like this, centres me again and reminds me that not everything has to be done at a frenetic pace or by winging it. I'm a mother and I think sometimes that just come with the territory.




So to transform your baubles. You'll need some glue, nice ribbon, acrylic or glass paints, maybe some glitter. Anything you can find. Let your imagination run riot.

Simply paint/draw spots or any pattern you like onto the baubles, or paint glue on and then sprinkle with glitter. Leave to dry and then tie some beautiful satin ribbon on to complete the effect. How would you pretty up your old baubles? I'd love to hear your ideas.




Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: blogmeeta@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

This Post was written by Amanda from Little Foodies

1 comments:

Amanda this is a great idea. I do have some old decoration baubles and was planning on giving them away - now I think I won't. BTW: good luck with the bread. You and the boys will adore it. Thanks for such a simple but eye-catching idea!

Meeta K. Wolff said...
November 26, 2007 at 9:20:00 PM GMT+1  

Post a Comment