Multitasking Exercises

Friday, April 27, 2007

Posted by Susi

In between working and trying to pack glorious lunches for my girls, I like to fit in a bit of exercise everyday. Since, I am often pressed for time, I look for exercises that multitask. I need exercises that work more than one body part at a time. There are two elbow planks I really like.


Lately I have been doing two variations on the elbow plank.

Here's a little chart to help you with the moves.











Elbow Plank

Hold for 30 seconds

  • Pull your abs up toward the ceiling, but do not break at your hips
  • Really press through your elbows so you don't collapse between your shoulder blades

  • Reach through your heels to activate the back of your legs and your booty (similar to weighting your heels when you do a squat)


Side Elbow Plank

  • Keep your waist lifted away from the floor, work those obliques

  • Press down with your elbow to keep your shoulder away from your ear

  • Reach through your top hand, this will make you feel lighter





I like these planks since they don't bother my wrists. I hole them each for 30 seconds. I am working up to holding the for a minute. Great activity for commercial break during TV time.

Try them...you will like them. Or at least the results.





If you like what we girls do here and would like to vote for us in the Blogger's Choice Awards here. Thanks for your support!


Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: blogmeeta@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas. This Post was written by Susi May from FitSugar

1 comments:

Thanks Susi...nice idea. You look very fit I must say

Bong Mom said...
April 30, 2007 at 5:07:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment