Tiffin Tuesday - green is for spring!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Posted by jokergirl@wererabbits



This is a very "green"-themed bento - just in time for spring!

Börek with feta and spinach, green olives, cucumbers and lettuce in the big box.
Green pasta with pesto, avocados, a lone red tomato flower and a chocolate frog who was probably attracted by all the lush greenery!

I'd have liked to put some homegrown herbs and salads into this week's box, but sadly we don't have any at the moment. They're sown, now it's time to wait until they grow!



This is how my basil looks so far. I've started growing various herbs, lettuces and even bigger vegetables on my windowsill last year. Given the economy, it seems more people are starting to look into growing food at home. I heartily encourage this - it's totally possible to grow even on the windowsill, it's cheaper in the long run, and - added bonus - you can control precisely what goes into your food!



This post was written by jokergirl from WereRabbits.



Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: thedailytiffin@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

3 comments:

I like your green theme bento a lot...it's so SPRING! I have a lot of basil growing, & my thyme & oregano are beginning to give me good leaves. I love crushing a few leaves between my fingers & just breathing in deep; very therapeutic!

Deeba PAB said...
April 1, 2009 at 1:55:00 AM GMT+2  

I have recently started growing my own vegetables too! Really rewarding experience!

Samantha said...
April 3, 2009 at 11:42:00 PM GMT+2  

Do you have a recipe for the borek?
I've been looking for one. Please share if you do.
Thanks.
...And Happy Spring!

CJ said...
April 7, 2009 at 2:27:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment