Friday, March 27, 2009
Posted by Mansi
1. Switch from Sugar to Honey - You can easily lower your cholesterol intake by substituting honey for your sugar consumption. Honey can slow the oxidation of bad (LDL) cholesterol, which in turn helps increase your good cholesterol, and attain a healthy overall level.
2. Eat your Apple with the Peel - Research from several organizations, including a recent study from Cornell University has shown that chemicals contained in apple peels can inhibit the growth of breast cancer, liver cancer, and colon cancer cells.
3. Rosemary & Lavender are great Anti-Ageing Agent - I love the fragrance of Rosemary, and now that I know that it can lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol by as much as twenty-five percent, I go and take a whiff of it every morning and evening! The scent of Lavender is not only pleasing, it also encourages your body to get rid of free radicals, which in turn slows down the process of aging and disease.
4. A Quick Stress-Buster Tip - Drink a glass of cold water, then go for a walk outside. The water gets your blood moving and the air invigorates your senses by stimulating the endorphins that distress you, making you instantly relaxed.
5. Eat Dark Chocolate & Kiss Someone! Ok, this one's really funny, but it is backed by logic! Chocolate is a great anti-oxidant and stress-buster; it instantly uplifts your mood. So eat a small piece, and go kiss your spouse, partner or kid, and pass on the happiness! What's more, kissing produces more saliva, which actually helps protect your teeth's enamel and gives it more life!
In this fast-paced life, its really hard to find a moment of relaxation. But simple changes like these can come in handy! Just print out a list and stick it to your fridge or clipboard, and try at least 2 things every day! That way you'll surprise yourself with something new each day, and also help yourself to a healthier body and mind!
This post was written by Mansi
Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.