Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Posted by Suganya
- Pescatarian – An individual whose diet excludes all animal flesh except fish
- Semi-Vegetarian or Flexitarian – Mostly vegetarian diet but rarely includes meat
- Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian – No animal flesh, but diet includes milk and eggs
- Vegan – No animal flesh. Excludes all animal by-products like dairy, eggs. Vegans also refrain from products that may include animal products in its production cycle.
- Raw Food/ Raw Vegans – Vegans who consume food in its uncooked or unprocessed form. The food is not heated over 115F
Is a well-balanced vegetarian diet possible?
Do vegetarians have trouble getting enough proteins?
Is food combining necessary?
Is vegetarian food bland and boring?
Is eating out hard for a vegetarian?
Do vegetarians need to take supplements?
Where do I get vegetarian foods?
How do I transition to vegetarianism?
1. NY Times article - Rethinking the Meat-Guzzler
2. BBC article - Hungry world 'must eat less meat'
3. Diet for a New America
4. Vegetarian Diets
Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.
This Post was written by Suganya from Tasty Palettes