Quick and Easy Can Make for Good Lunch Too

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Posted by Glenna


Sometimes you need lunch to be QUICK and EASY, right? So do I.

This picture isn't as cute as a lot of them I've taken of my lunchbox because, hey, my lunchbox isn't in it, only a brown paper bag. But that's okay, this particular lunch didn't fit in my regular bento. In a way this was a "thrown-together" lunch whipped together in under five minutes from the produce drawer of my fridge and the shelves of my pantry. You know what? It turned out to be one of the most satisfying, and more importantly, it taught me a lesson. The lesson that you don't ALWAYS have to go into huge planning and effort for the little lunchbox.

The contents of this are: some beautiful green beans that I quickly rinsed (didn't dry) and steamed in the microwave wrapped up in a paper towel and then spread out on the counter to cool while I packaged up the rest. There's a handful of granola, this happens to be my own homemade, a small handful of dried cranberries mixed with a few walnuts, and a bean and cheese burrito quickly prepared of pre-shredded bagged cheddar and a scoop from a can of refried beans that I always keep a can or two stapled in my pantry. Voila, there it is. No fuss, no muss, but a tasty and nutritious lunch. Sometimes the biggest lesson in life for me is that not everything has to be complicated to be good.








Are you interested in contributing to The Daily Tiffin? Drop us an email: blogmeeta@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing your ideas.

This Post was written by Glenna from A Fridge Full of Food







6 comments:

Love the idea of having the bean and cheese burrito for lunch..Nice one..

Unknown said...
April 15, 2008 at 8:36:00 PM GMT+2  

nice healthy things to eat

Trupti said...
April 16, 2008 at 4:19:00 PM GMT+2  

It looks fab! Colorful and easy to assemble. Good for you too. Not much more you can expect from a lunch! :)

sher said...
April 16, 2008 at 8:52:00 PM GMT+2  

YUM! What a great idea! I'd always thought of bean and cheese burritos as a guilty pleasure; then I realized that there's hardly any fat in the tortillas, or in the beans, and cheese is good in moderation. I went out after reading this yesterday and picked up tortillas and canned refried beans, and that's lunch today (already had shredded cheddar in the freezer). THANKS for the idea!

Anonymous said...
April 17, 2008 at 6:54:00 PM GMT+2  

Looks great ... and easy ... just my style easy, healthy! Thanks.

Meg Wolff said...
April 22, 2008 at 2:40:00 PM GMT+2  

It looks good! Especially the granola. Can you post a link for the granola? The one in the article just doesn't work at all. I'm always looking for a new granola recipe. I just haven't found "the one" yet.

April 29, 2008 at 5:30:00 PM GMT+2  

Post a Comment